I smiled and embraced Grayson. "How are you Gray?"

"Relieved to see you here."

Alex coughed. "Ahem, where's my hug?"

Grayson pulled Alex into our hug and I was smushed like a bug. I pushed both of them back and took in a deep breath. "Sorry, couldn't breathe guys."

Both of them chuckled and patted each others backs before pulling away.

"I see you're doing alright brother," Grayson said while pointing at me and then at Alex.

Alex looked at me and then at Grayson. "Ana hasn't forgiven me yet, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes."

"Oh, so does that mean I still have a chance?" Grayson teased while draping his arm over my shoulders.

"No, you don't," Alex casually stated as he removed Grayson's arm from me.

"I don't think that's your decision," Grayson retorted.

Alex moved his gaze over towards me and then Grayson's gaze followed over.

I put my hands up and took a step back. "It's 50/50," I said jokingly.

Alex narrowed his eyes at me and Grayson pumped his fist into the air to which I laughed at.

"I'm only messing with you," Grayson patted Alex on the back. "Not that I wouldn't date her if she gave me the chance," he said and gave me a small wink.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. Alex didn't find it as amusing as we did.

"If you two are done flirting, we should get going," Alex bluntly stated while looking at his watch.

"Relax," Grayson put his hand on Alex's shoulder.

Alex looked stressed out all of a sudden. His brows were furrowed and his lips were pressed into a grim line. He had his worry face on which was not something I saw very often in him.

"I'm just ready to put all of this behind me," Alex said.

I felt a twinge of pity for Alex and everything that was happening but every-time I thought of the situation, the sadness of what I had felt came out of the shadows. Just when I think I can forget about the pain that Alex caused me and the betrayal that I felt, It sometimes comes back stronger than before. I could feel the lump in my throat rising. I love Alex but could I really be with him after all that has happened? I couldn't tell what I wanted anymore. Where the hell is this confusion coming from? It was honestly easier when I knew he was going to marry Ainsley.

"Ana, are you okay?" Alex waved his hand in front of my face.

I blinked a couple times bringing myself back into the room. "Yeah, I'm fine," I forced out a tiny smile. Alex scanned my face and gave me a curious look. I looked at my watch to see that it was four in the afternoon. "Shouldn't we go?" I asked not even knowing what time the dinner was. Maybe this dinner will give me some kind of closure I'm looking for.

Alex looked at me again warily. "Well okay, let me get some keys."

I nodded and groaned at myself on the inside. Why are feelings like this. Maybe I do need to see a therapist but the idea of doing that made me cringe. I followed the two brothers to the elevator and decided to focus on my feelings later.

The drive was pretty quiet. I think everyone was just focused on the uncertainty of the dinner. Apparently the dinner was going to be their parents' house, one of many might I add. I watched as buildings disappeared from view as we drove out of the city and the loudness of the city became quieter and quieter. I rested my head on the cool black leather and glanced over at the rearview mirror where I saw part of Alex's face since I decided to sit in the back. His dark lashes contrasted the green of this irises and I couldn't help but smile. I've always loved looking at his eyes, they were beautiful like a lush rainforest that had rained the night before. There was a cold complexity in them but at times you can see the softness and warmth shine through them.

I moved my gaze over to Grayson who was scrolling through something on his phone. He was a good man. Every time I saw him, he reminded me of a ray of sunshine with his tousled blond locks and warm smile that he greeted me with. He was there for me these past few months in a way that I would forever be grateful. I definitely wasn't fun to be around but he still stuck with me and supported me while I was in a very weird state. I guess I could even consider him my best friend now maybe. I don't know if he if was just the good of a person or something else but it didn't matter, I was grateful for him.

I guess Grayson must've noticed me staring at him because he turned his head in my direction. He gave me a comforting smile and I returned it. I leaned my head back and let my eyes close.