The unexpected plot twist

Vera had followed Nadia all throughout the time she had broken her family's curse of being werewolves.

Why?

Because she takes interest in people and in individuals.

She wasn't the one who cared about just herself and feels for others.

Vera had no idea that her savior (Nadia) was going through all of this.

Werewolves were the natural enemy of vampires, it's like cat and dog.

The vamps were just about to become more powerful than the canines, which is why that's also bad.

After the curse had been relinquished Vera and the brujas could transform at will.

Vera had seen Nadia and her father being held captive in giant birdcages, whilst also being surrounded by vampire guards.

Nadia is a witch and a werewolf (an Argus).

"Maybe I can utilize a spell that can distract the vampires. Maybe the scent of human blood." - Vera whispered

Vera had learned a few things when she was in school and this was one of them "illusory magic".

The vampires had seen something ravishingly delectable.

"Could it be a human?", the vamps thought to themselves.

The vampire henchmen went to go see what they sensed in the halls.

This gave Vera some time to free Nadia, but she couldn't free her father.

"That's all right Vera save yourself. You're the key to all of this."

The vampires were going back to their post when they noticed that one of the birdcages was empty.

"She couldn't have gone far."- vampire henchman 1