30: Scraps of Lace

Bas had been gone all day, negotiating future cargo trips for the golden promise, and Mara had been alone all day. Mildred occasionally bustled into the room where Mara was reading or training, since being in Andonia Mara had taken up some of her old exercises again, but the majority of the time she was alone.

When the clock in the parlour wall turned to four o'clock, Mara went into the kitchen and dismissed Mildred. She wanted to cook a meal for Bas, she wanted to show him that she could be the loving wife as well as a merciless killer.

She battled with a chicken and roast potatoes, it was a traditional meal that the people of Sousmonté ate on special occasions, and every evening with Bas was a special occasion.

"I'm home, my love!" Bas called out as the front door opened.

Mara squealed in happiness and dashed across the hall until her body was in his arms. She frantically kissed all over his face and neck as he laughed.

"Did you miss me?" He teased as Mara wrapped her legs around his waist, staring down at him.

"Not even a little bit." She whispered, she could tease him too.

Bas' eyes darkened as she nipped at the shell of his ear.

"Careful, Mara," he warned, "or I'll have punish you for teasing."

She squirmed to be put down but as soon as he did, he slapped her behind lightly. Mara squeaked and stuck her tongue out at him before she walked slowly back towards the kitchen, allowing her hips to sway as Bas watched her.

"I Hope you will." She called out, peering out from behind the kitchen door, "after dinner."

Bas practically growled in sexual frustration as he followed Mara into the kitchen. As soon as he saw the image Mara had prepared for him, his sexual desire dissipated and he was left with love.

Before him, the kitchen table was ladened down with food and candles. Mara smiled shyly from one end of the table, the other place had been set out opposite it.

"Mara," he smiled at her, "this is amazing, thank you." He bent down and kissed the top of her head.

"Just one thing needs to change."

Mara's brow furrowed with concern as she wondered what she had done wrong. To her relief, Bas simply moved the chair until he was sat beside her and then he fetched the plate too.

"I want to be close to you, beautiful. All the time."

Mara smiled and happily rested her head on his shoulder before they began their meal. Periodically, Bas would put down his cutlery and hold onto Mara's thigh.

Once the plates were clear, Mara cleared her throat, staring at Bas expectantly. He looked at her grinning and Mara felt her cheeks redden under his heated stare.

She cleared her throat again and got to her feet, she began gathering up the plates to wash them up, but Bas stopped her.

Pressing a kiss to her temple, he whispered, "leave them."

"But they need to be washed," Mara protested.

Bas smiled lovingly down at his kindhearted Mara, she was so considerate and kind.

"Leave them, beautiful." He whispered against her hair, "we have a woman I pay to do this."

"Bas!" Mara protested, "I made this mess, so you better help me or anything you're hoping will happen upstairs won't."

Bas whined lowly but fetched a cloth to dry the plates Mara had washed. With the two of them working together, the task was finished faster and then Bas was dragging Mara by her hips up the stairs.

"Just so you know, Mara," Bas teased, "you've only prolonged the inevitable by making me wait this long."

Mara said nothing but smirked up at him, what he didn't realise that Mara had planned all of this, including the half an hour extension to their meal. She wanted to make Bas desperate and wild.

From a glance down towards he trousers, she guessed she had succeeded. Bas lead the way, pushing open the bedroom door but all his confidence vanished when he saw inside the room.

Mara giggled as she shoved him inside, revealing the petal covered bed and unlit candles.

"Sit on the bed," Mara whispered in an order.

Doing as she said, Bas sat heavily down on the bed and looked expectantly at her. Mara smiled coyly and reached behind him. In her hands was a blind fold, Bas' throat bobbed with anticipation as Mara grinned down at him.

She straddled him before carefully covering his eyes with the material, securing it tightly onto his head.

"You just sit here and wait for me." Mara murmured against the shell of his ear, she slapped his hands away when he gripped at her hips.

"No touching." She chastised as Bas pouted.

Seeing his frustrated expression, Mara smiled before slipping off his lap.

"Just you wait, it'll be worth it." Mara promised before she slipped out of the room and into the bathroom.

Hanging on the door was the skimpy lace outfit Mara had sewn from scraps of lace and ribbon she had found in an old sewing basket.

None of the colours or patterns matched, but as Mara slipped it on, only a strap of ribbon covered each nipple. She was guessing that Bas wouldn't care about clashing patterns, not when her larger than normal breasts were so vividly on display.

Clearing her throat and standing with confidence, Mara walked out of the bathroom. Anxiously fiddling with a strap, Mara moved to stand between Bas' legs.

She tapped lightly on his shoulder making him jump and look up at her. Reaching behind him, she unhooked the blindfold from his head.

The material fell down between them as Bas blinked into the light. When he saw Mara standing before him, his jaw fell open. His fingers twitched as he fought the urge to touch her hips.

"You can touch now." Mara teased and Bas' hands instantly found her hips. His callouses traced over her stretch marks making her shiver.

"What's this?" Bas asked, his voice deep and gravely as he toyed with a strand of red ribbon.

"I uhhh, I made it." Mara suddenly felt a little self conscious as Bas' eyes faced hungrily over her exposed flesh.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it?" Bas stood from the bed and towered over his Mara.

"Beautiful girl, I love it."

Bas bent down and captured her lips in his, she opened her mouth and he hungrily pushed his tongue against hers.

"Can I touch now?" Bas teased as he tickled up and down her stomach.

"Yes, you can."