Taking a sharp breath, she finally walked towards him just close enough so they could hear each other.

What happened?

It was sunset when Hana first professed her admiration for Heeseung.

And now there they were, under the sky that was painted in the light shade of pink looking at each other's pair of eyes. Back then they admired the glint in each other's eyes but now the only emotion evident was exhaustion.

How did we get here?

If the sunset used to signify the beginning of their story, now it signifies the end to their promises. Everything felt surreal for the two because not one of them expected that their relationship had an ending. They were sure their future was with each other, they have never felt like a fool until now that is.

She opened her mouth to break the silence that has been surrounding them since earlier. One of them had to speak those words. Those words that used to scare her so much.

"Let's end this." The way it escaped her lips felt so wrong.

I don't understand.

Heeseung looked at her with those exhausted and lifeless eyes. "You're right." He says which only made her chest heavier. "I'm tired, Hana. But I know you're more tired than I am so let's rest now love. You deserve to rest."

Hana swallowed the lump in her throat. "I'm sorry Hee but I can't fight anymore. I can't do this anymore. We're only hurting each other, I-I don't want that. I don't want to keep you away from your dreams. I don't want to be the one to hold you back."

The tears that she desperately tried to stop all fell down when he hugged her tight. His hug was so tight, it was as if there was a little glint of hope in him that still wanted to fight for them.

"You're my dream Hana." But being a doctor is your dream too.

"This time, don't choose me."

Why did we let the world win?

She lets go from the hug and wiped her tears. Her heart shattered when she saw the tears in his eyes.

Why did we have to resort to this?

"Take care, bring back the stars that once lived in your eyes. I'll always be there to admire it even from afar." Heeseung smiled at her.

She smiled at him. She wanted to say something but he shook his head, refusing to hear whatever she had to say. "B-But-"

"Don't Hana. I'm afraid of hearing what you have to say." He pressed his lips. "I'm afraid that if I hear what you have to say, I'll take back my decision and I can't do that to you."

"So this goodbye Jung Hana. Goodbye to us."

He turned his back on her and she had to endure the pain of having to watch him walk away from them.

She had never felt so confused.

How did a love as genuine as theirs end up like this?

How did their promise of forever end?

Hana inhaled before hollering his name. He didn't turn his head to her direction but he stopped, which meant he was listening to whatever she had to say. For one last time, "I love you."

He remained frozen in his spot after hearing those words come out of her mouth again. She didn't need a response, all she wanted was for him to know that she love him and she will always do as long as she's alive.