Yan Hui grinned and laughed: "I'm naturally like this. If you don't like it, then you'll just have to bear with it."

"......"

Tian Yao silently stared at Yan Hui for a long time. He felt like with this situation, he would have to do as Yan Hui said. He had to bear with it.

He closed his eyes. He calmed himself down for a while before standing up.

Yan Hui reacted to his movements and obediently backed up a few steps.

However when he saw Yan Hui being obedient, Tian Yao didn't know why he suddenly had to urge to take back his criticisms. Contrary to his thoughts, it was precisely the moment when this urge bubbled up that Tian Hui couldn't help blurting out some words:

"You're a show-off, yet you're trying to cultivate into a xian. Few people can tolerate you." He paused. He felt like he shouldn't bicker with a little girl. He shouldn't say those vicious words to jab at her, but......

This little girl was normally also vicious and rude to him.

Thinking of this, Tian Yao glanced at Yan Hui out of the corner of his eyes: "No wonder why you were thrown out. The time you spent cultivating in the sect was unpleasant, wasn't it?"

Hearing those words, although Yan Hui's mouth was pressed to contain her laughter, her eyes slightly narrowed: "I've upset you."

Yan Hui let out her laugh, but Tian Yao thought he could hear her teeth grinding together. In a split second, he understood the feeling of what Yan Hui said that morning,'I discovered that when I irritate you enough to make you angry, I feel quite successful'.

Even though he disliked his own childishness, he couldn't help saying: "Knowing you didn't have a good time really makes me happy."

Tian Yao saw Yan Hui clench her teeth in his peripheral vision. His lips slightly quirked. It was such a small movement that even he, himself, didn't notice.

Yan Hui was naturally incapable of having Tiao Yao's meticulous mentality. However, she was 100% sure he learned how to ridicule people after being with her day-in and day-out!

Yan Hui was so mad she inwardly ground her teeth, but she maintained her smiling expression: "Haha, it wasn't too bad." She steadied herself: "Those who wanted to chew me up and spit me up were ones I loathed as well. No one close to me or anyone I loved ever tried to kill me."

Tian Yao's footsteps paused. He turned his head to look at Yan Hui.

Yan Hui didn't try to avoid his gaze. She looked straight back at him.

Four eyes met. The two people stared at each other for a long time. In the end, one person sat in the corner, and one person lifted the blanket on the bed. Each closed their eyes and unhappily went to sleep.

Hearts were filled with discontent.

This mood stayed with them as they fell asleep.

In the early morning of the next day when it was time to meet the snake demon, Yan Hui and Tian Yao walked to the lake behind the village. The two ignored each other the entire way.

They waited by the lake shore for an hour until the snake demon finally showed up. Zhenren Qi Yun, who was being led, also came.

"Sorry I came late," the snake demon apologized. "After thinking about it, I still decided on bringing Qi Yun. After the chill on her dissipated, she kept trying to go out. If there's no one there to stop her, I fear she will disappear.......Ah......." The snake demon looked at Yan Hui and Tian Yao with a strange look. "Why are you two.......Are you guys mad that I came an hour late?"