Chapter Eighteen | A Losing Battle

Start from the beginning

That's why he chose to pick on Easton despite the fact that all three of his siblings are in this class as well and would attack the shit out of him. He also failed to realize that his mate was in the class. Either he wasn't aware of it or he just wanted to test his luck, regardless he got what he deserved for making Easton and Eros his targets. What kind of grown ass adult picks on people who are two times less their size? Fucking cowards, those are the kind of people who did that.

I wanted to internally berate Professor Graylin more but I wasn't able to as my attention was drawn to the entrance of the gymnasium. The double doors are violently thrown open and in walks a large guy in a tight ass t shirt to remind everyone just how big he is, blue jeans, white sneakers, and his dirty blonde hair a mess atop his head. His face is contorted into an angry scowl with his fist clenched into a ball. It looked like he wanted to punch the living daylights out of some unfortunate soul.

It just so happened the poor unfortunate soul is Xander King. It also just so happened that Xander is no unfortunate soul.

The big meat head stomps his way over to an indifferent Xander and proceeds to grab him by the collar and aggressively pull him close to his face until his face is inches away from Xander's. Something about that dude grabbing Xander like that makes me want to pull an Xavier. The pits of my stomach twisted, I grew angry and irritated. How dare he grab Xander like that?

No, calm down. I release a shaky breath. Chill out, Jay.

With or without the mate bond, I always took Xanders side and fought by his side. He's my best friend after all. My blood is boiling because that dick face is stepping up to my best friend, not because Xander is my mate. That's definitely not why I'm so upset right now. It's just my obligation as a best friend to be this angry and want to bash his face in until teeth fall out.

That's all it is.

The oaf shakes Xander a bit as he glares hatefully at him. Inside, Jackson is growling.

"Why the hell did you sleep with my girlfriend?" he demands.

"I didn't sleep with your girlfriend but maybe she wishes that I had slept with her." Xander smiled.

The oaf — his name is now oaf — begins to fume as his nostrils flare and he growls at Xander, clearly triggered by Xanders words that mocked and taunted him. Xander was challenging his masculinity that was fragile to begin with, something that insecure men were always so livid by. Funny.

"What the fuck did you just say?" The man barked out and spit came flying onto Xanders face.

What is with men today and not being able to keep their saliva from flying out of their mouth? It's gross. I wanted to rip his mouth off for even allowing the smallest particle of saliva to drip onto Xanders face.

Xander sighs as he wipes the saliva off his face — gross — with his forearm and looks placidly at the irate meathead.

"Maybe if you cleaned the earwax out of your ears you'd be able to hear me better, bitch." Xander feigns shock like he misspoke and gives him a fake apologetic smile. "Oh, I meant to say Mitch."

The sarcasm in Xander's face and laced like poisonous venom in his voice was too overwhelming to be the least bit convincing that he was being even remotely sincere in any way.