One: Mysterious Bruises

Shaking like a leaf, I entered mine and Trent's apartment, glad to be home and safe. I'd been walking from Anfield to my car after watching Trent play when it had happened, and I'd barely been able to drive since my whole body was shaking. But I was home now, and safe.

"Hey." Trent smiled as I entered.

"Hi." I replied, trying to hide the fact that my voice was shaking.

"Are you okay?" Trent asked, clearly noticing anyway.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Congrats on the win, I'm really proud of you." I said, walking over to hug Trent, desperately needing to feel safe in his arms. As we separated, I noticed Trent's face fall into a look of concern.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're trembling." Trent answered.

"Just cold." I lied.

"(Y/N) what's going on? Has something happened?" Trent asked. I could only shake my head. I noticed Trent staring at my left eye.

"(Y/N) you've got a black eye." Trent said in concern, gently brushing his thumb under my eye where a bruise was starting to appear.

"Yeah, I just bumped into someone." I brushed Trent's statement aside.

But Trent's relentless; I guess you have to be to be a professional footballer, especially playing for Liverpool. He ran a hand down my right arm, where a collection of purple bruises were starting to show.

"Must've bumped into you pretty hard." Trent said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. But I'm fine." I insisted.

"Your arms are purple (Y/N)!" Trent cried. "What's happened?"

"It doesn't matter. I dealt with it. It's fine." I said.

"It's not fine if somebody's hurt you." Trent said, taking my hand and leading me to the couch. We sat down, but Trent didn't let go of my hand.

"Tell me what's happened." Trent said. I sighed deeply.

"Someone tried to take my things. But it's fine. Somebody saw what was happening and that scared them off." I explained.

"Somebody tried to mug you?" Trent clarified. He sounds pretty angry!

"Yeah. But like I said, he didn't take anything. Someone saw what happened." I reassured him.

"Did you report it?" Trent questioned.

"No point. I didn't see the guy's face coz it was dark so the police would have nothing to go off." I said.

"Are you okay?" Trent asked.

"I'm fine. I'm home now and I'm safe." I answered, smiling slightly. Trent smiled and wrapped me in a hug.

"You are." He agreed. "Do you want anything?"

"Nah, I'm alright thanks." I said.

"I just have to ask; why didn't you wanna tell me what happened?" Trent questioned. I didn't really know how to answer that!

"I didn't want to worry you. Especially since there's nothing we can do about it." I admitted.

"(Y/N) you can tell me anything, you know that right? Obviously I'm worried about you, but you don't have to keep problems to yourself." Trent said, taking my hand in his. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said, giving him a hug, and feeling safe in the security of Trent's arms.

"Will you be okay?" Trent asked.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Going out by yourself. Will you be okay?" Trent explained.

"I'll probably feel kinda nervy about it for a while, but I've gotta do it at some point haven't I? You can't very well come with me to watch Liverpool play!" I pointed out.

"True." Trent laughed. "But I could always get Ty or Marc to go with you."

"Don't worry about it. I don't think anybody's gonna try and mug me again." I said.

"You never know (Y/N)." Trent pointed out anxiously.

"I'll be fine." I insisted. Trent still looked unsure.

"I just care so much about you, I don't wanna see you get hurt!" Trent exclaimed, giving my hand a squeeze.

"And you won't. I'll stay safe, I promise. Plus I've been fine up to now haven't I? And I've been watching you at Anfield for a year now." I said.

"I know. Maybe I am overthinking things. But if anything does happen, call me straight away and I'll be there." Trent requested. I placed a soft, gentle kiss on his lips before smiling up at him.

"I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one's a bit short, but I promise they get longer (and better lol). Thank you so much for reading!

I found the prompts for this challenge on Pinterest a couple years ago. I know you're meant to update every day in challenges like these and I'm going to try to do that, however I still have some prompts that I haven't written and I go back to uni next week so I may not have time to write/edit/upload every day. I hope that's okay!

I'm hoping to upload number 2 tomorrow. Thank you again for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

El x