Part 6

~Piper's P.O.V.~ 

When Austin comes home again, he's grumpy. I leave him alone until I hear him yell at Sarah. 

"Austin!" I yell as Sarah starts to cry. "What the heck was that?!" 

"That daughter of your needs to stop bugging people." he tells me. 

"She's our daughter. What is wrong with you?" I ask. 

"You wouldn't understand. You don't work at all. Just stay home and babysit." he answers. 

"I work online, I make food, I clean the house, and I do your laundry." I say.  

"You don't earn all the money! It's stressful when you lose your job but don't want to tell your wife because you got kids to look after." he says. 

"Wait, you lost your job?" I question. 

"Yes!" he yells. 

"Why didn't you just tell me?" 

"Because you're always busy with the kids. I didn't want to worry you." he replies. I send Sarah up to her room and sigh. 

"Are you able to get another job?" I calmly ask. 

"Haven't found one yet." he answers. I sit on the couch and he sits beside me. 

"So what now?" I ask. 

"See? Didn't want to worry you." he states. 

"Ha ha. But seriously, we've got five kids and you have no job. What are we gonna do?" I say. 

"I don't know. I'm talking to my agency about it and they're looking." he answers. I nod and he wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to him. I lay my head on his shoulder and curl up next to him. It feels like I haven't cuddled with him since Alli was born. Which is probably true. 

~*~*~*~*~

At 3:30pm, I see the boys running up and the girls walking home from their bus stop. 

"How was school?" I ask. 

"Great!" both boys say. Then the girls come in, not looking happy. 

"Hey, girls. What's wrong?" I question. 

"Nothing." they both answer quickly. Avery walks up to Alli's room while the boys plays with action figures in the living room.