Part 5

We go inside breathless and laughing. Austin even seems a little happier. 

"Come here, you." he says as he picks Sarah up and throws her over his shoulder. 

"Daddy!" she laughs. 

"Hey mom, what's for dinner?" Avery asks.  

"I don't know. Tacos?" I suggest. 

"Yes!" they all smile. I start on tacos while they go into the living room for t.v. 

~*~*~*~*~

~Alejandra's P.O.V.~ 

The next day at school, I watch as Hadley hits and punches Avery. 

"I can't just stand by and watch." I say. 

"I know. But if you go over there Hadley will beat your guts." Vivi tells me. I sigh and reluctantly turn away. If it happens again today, I'm telling mom. No matter what, Hadley needs to stop and I'm gonna make her. 

        Again, at lunch, I see Hadley bad mouth Avery and hit her. This time, I can't stop myself and storm over to Hadley. 

"Hadley!" I yell at her. She turns to face me and Avery looks at me. 

"What? Did the little sixth grader lose her mommy?" Hadley teases. 

"No. And for your information, I'm in seventh grade." I sass. 

"And she's got sass." Hadley tells her minions. 

"Hadley, this has to stop. I've watched you beat up my sister enough and I've had enough of it." I reply. 

"I'm so sorry! I had no idea Avery was your sister." she says with fake pity. 

"Cut the shit, Hadley." I demand. 

"You better watch your mouth, slut." she warns. 

"Look who's talking, little miss short skirt and crop top." I reply. She gasps. 

"You little... ugh!" she screams. She storms off and I help Avery up. 

"Why did you do that, Alli?" she asks. 

"Because your my sister. And sisters are supposed to stick up for each other." I answer. 

"Thanks." she smiles. 

"Anytime." I reply.