[14] Awaken

"I cannot imagine a more perfect hell than being trapped inside my mind

"I cannot imagine a more perfect hell than being trapped inside my mind."

Scott and Stiles rush an unconscious Isabel back to the hospital, Stiles covered in the girl's blood as they are questioned by his father again during the course of one night. The two return home as the two Martin cousins remain under the care of the hospital.

But, the next night, they return. They sneak through the halls and slip inside the joint room the hospital staff had given the Martin's. Scott crouches on the hospital floor and motions Stiles to the door.

"Shut the door," Scott whispers, giving one last check to make sure no one was around.

Stiles slides across the floor and pushes the door slowly but pauses as it makes a loud creak. The two teenagers cringe as Stiles continues to shut the door as it creaks loudly.

"Oh, God," Scott whispers through the sound of the door and looks over to make sure Isabel and Lydia are still asleep.

Stiles finally shuts the door, reaching over and twisting the lock before slipping to the ground.

"What?" Stiles asks as he catches the look of annoyance Scott gives him.

Scott says nothing as he stands, moving over to Lydia who was the closest of the two. Stiles follows closely behind, checking the windows behind them to make sure no one was walking past.

The two look over Lydia's body in concern, bruising and cuts up her arms tell a story but her peaceful face says otherwise. Scott gently lifts Lydia's arm, moving her hospital gown to see the bite Peter had forced upon her skin. The two feel deja-vu as they relive the moment they saw Isabel's bite in the hospital. Stiles looks away at the sight of her bandaged side as Scott peels the bandage as gently as he can.

"Is it completely healed?" He mumbles out.

"No... not at all," Scott answers, peeling back the bandage to reveal the bite still oozing blood.

Stiles turns to watch, quickly glancing over at Isabel's body lay in the other bed as the two inspect the wound.

"The bite isn't healing, just like what happened to Isabel. Which means she's not a werewolf."

"Then what the hell is she?" Stiles sighs as Scott reapplies the bandage onto Lydia's skin. "She can't be a witch, that came from Isabel's mom's side, not her dad's."

The two try to silently move over to Isabel to check over her wounds. Stiles finds himself mindlessly placing his hand in hers and quickly checks to make sure it didn't wake her.

Scott first checks on the bullet wound that Kate had caused, pulling back the bandage just like he did with Lydia. When Scott doesn't speak, Stiles looks up at the wound and a confused look appears on his face.

"What?" He mumbles to himself.

"It- It healed?" Scott mutters, shaking his head slowly.

Isabel hadn't healed before from her bite, why was she healing now? "

How is this possible?"

Stiles moves to gently lift the large bandage from her thigh and starts at her knee. Scott reapplies the first bandage before moving to look at the one Stiles was lifting. The two watch in shock as they see the bottom of the wound had already started to heal but the larger cuts were still there. They share a look of confusion.

At the Argent house, Chris reads over the news article that was plastered on the front page. 'Woman Tied to Six-Year-Old Arson Case Behind Beacon Hills Murders?' as Victoria Argent hangs up the phone and approaches her husband. She places a comforting hand on his arm.

"They'll be here in two days." She informs as Chris drops the newspaper article. He shakes his head slightly before glancing at the front page again.

"We shouldn't have done it. That stupid necklace." Victoria takes the newspaper from his hands.

"The police would've put it together eventually. Don't think for one second she's taking the fall for something she didn't do." Victoria snaps, throwing the newspaper into the garbage.

"We're gonna be pariahs in this town." Chris sighs as his wife stares at him.

She places the phone on the counter and leans on the surface, staring at the marble countertop.

"We can handle it." She breathes out as Chris takes a swig of his whiskey. He looks over to his wife with a raised brow.

"And Allison?" He questioned.

"She'll learn," Victoria responds, glancing at him before returning her eyes to the spot on the counter. She takes a breath. "What about Scott?"

"I'm not the only one he has to worry about now," Chris answers, staring into the liquid in his cup. "In terms of Isabel - well." He sighs. "I'm gonna do everything in my power to protect her." Victoria nods along in agreement.

Upstairs, outside the window of Allison's room, she and Scott lay together on the roof as Scott presses a kiss to her forehead lovingly. Allison snuggles into Scott's arms as they lay and watch the moon in the sky.

At Beacon Hills Preserve, Scott and Allison are alone in her car in the middle of the woods. They use their time alone to make out. Suddenly, the glass on the passenger side is smashed and an arm rips Scott out of the car and onto the floor.

He is grabbed by his jacket and slammed against the hood of Allison's car. Scott looks up to see Chris Argent pointing a gun directly at his head as he cocks the gun. Allison quickly scrambles out of the car in a panic and runs to her father's side, horrified.

"No, Dad! Dad! Dad, he saved our lives! Your life! You can't do this!" She cries, but Chris refuses to move the gun, slightly tightening his grasp on Scott's throat as he tries to splutter out a breath. "Dad, let him go! Please, let him go, and I'll-I'll do whatever you want, okay? I swear, I won't see him again. I promise! Never again, Dad. Please! PLEASE!" She shouts in desperation.

Chris removes his hand and places the gun in his holster as Scott sucks in a deep breath. He looks at Allison coldly.

"Never again." He demands, giving Scott a look of warning before walking away. Allison sobs, putting her head down on Scott's chest.

That night, on the other side of the Preserve, Jackson swims up out of the river, his shirt ripped, and crawls up to the river bank. He moves his torn shirt out of the way and stares at the bite mark on his side that he demanded from Derek. He looks up at the moon and smirks as he finally got what he wanted.

---

Chapter 14 is complete! This is the middle ground of the ending to Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2! Hope you enjoyed it and comment and vote if you did!