[13] Control

"You must learn to let go

"You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway."

Scott helps Derek out from underneath the Hale house, where he was being tortured. Derek pushes Scott's arm off and stops. Scott tries to continue but pauses as Derek speaks up, his voice cutting through the silence of the woods.

"Hey. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. Something doesn't feel right." Derek exclaims, out of breath.

"What do you mean?" Scott asks, surveying the forest around them.

"I don't know. It's - it's kind of like it's-" Scott cuts Derek off.

"No, don't say 'too easy'. People say 'too easy' and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy." Scott shouts back.

"Fine. You're right." Derek rolls his eyes.

"Thank you," Scott says, taking a breath.

Derek is knocked back by an arrow hitting him in the shoulder, the whistling of an arrow makes Scott jump. Derek falls to the ground, already weak. Scott follows where the arrow came from and his face drops, seeing Allison holding the bow and arrow, Kate hovering next to her. Derek stumbles to get back up.

"Now the leg," Kate instructs, and Allison releases the arrow. It flies into Derek's leg, knocking him back down. "Flash bolt." Kate orders and Allison readies the flash bolt.

"Scott, your eyes!" Derek warns, writhing in pain.

"Now." This is all Scott hears before a flash bolt explodes behind him, stunning him, and dropping him to the ground.

Derek snaps the fletching of the arrows off, groaning in pain before grabbing Scott.

"Get up! Let's go!" Derek shouts, dragging Scott out of the firing line.

"Natural talent." Kate praises, before the two chase the injured wolves down. Derek falls outside the Hale house.

"Scott, go!" Derek demands, but Scott is still disoriented from the flash bolt and falls to the ground.

"Allison, I can explain." He calls out, watching as Allison walks him down, bow sheathed.

"Stop lying. For once stop lying." She snaps, watching as Scott tries to scurry away.

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because everything that I said, everything that I did-"

"Was to protect me." Allison finishes.

"Yes." Scott breathes out.

"I don't believe you." Allison forces out through the lump in her throat, tears welling in her eyes.