Chapter 41. I Will Fulfil My Promise I Made To You

As Zhan returned home, he received a warm welcome from A-yue.

"Mummy! You're finally back! Did you have fun last night?"

Although he knew that A-yue was still too young to understand things in the adult world, Zhan still couldn't help giving her a knock on her head.

"What's so happy about it? Who told you to urge your father to go look for me at the engagement party?"

A-yue rubbed her head in pain and flattened her lips, "It wasn't me who brought it up, it was Ayuan and Uncle Cheng who said it. Uncle said that Yibo is a hero going to rescue the beauty."

"You're just blaming those who are not here, aren't you?"

Zhan took a glance at her and got a glass of water at the table. Then, he asked casually. "What else did Cheng say?"

"Uncle Cheng also said that hero who saved the beauty will win his heart at last."

"Pfft!" Zhan spat out a mouthful of water spilling it all over the table. He coughed twice and then went furiously to bang on the  bedroom door.

"You're only teaching her the bad things! Zhou Cheng! Come out now!"

Cheng would normally sleep through the day at home, but after knocking for quite some time, no one answered. Zhan opened the door and saw the room as messy as a pigsty, but there was no sign of Cheng.

"Uncle Cheng left in the morning. He's on a business trip!"

A-yue ran over to him, " Uncle also mentioned that mummy you can invite Dad to home when he is not at home. He doesn't mind at all."

"No one wants to invite him!"

Zhan raised his hand looked guilty. He attempted to hide his flushed face by covering it with his hands.

"Alright, alright. I'm so exhausted and I need to go to bed. Don't make a mess okay? Now go along and play."

A-yue was driven back to her room, but she peaked through a gap of the door and she still couldn't help giggling with her mouth covered.

Looked like Uncle Cheng's plan of the heroic rescue was working well! Indeed, Uncle had the ability to make it right, two was better than three!

…..

In the afternoon, Zhan's back was aching, which made him toss and turn as he was lying in the bed. He couldn't sleep and kept recalling moments from last night. He was so blushed until he covered his face in the blankets, but after a while he pop his head out again to catch his breath because he couldn't breathe underneath the sheets. 

Then, he began.

If it wasn't for Cheng forcing him to go to that engagement party, all of this wouldn't have happened. Moreover, if he hadn't talked too much and urged Yibo to go there, this wouldn't have happened. After all, the culprit was this guy!

When he got to this point, he suddenly came to his senses and felt that Cheng was the one who had planned all of this!

…..

Cheng's flight was delayed, and he was waiting boringly in the airport. 

"Ding," 

His phone received a voice message from WeChat. As he saw the sender, his frustrated expression immediately turned into a happy face, he listened to Zhan's accusations with a great mood.

"To be honest, did you force me to go to the engagement party while noticing Yibo because you already planned all of this?"

Cheng pressed on the phone and leaned close to the microphone.