One

Sal

I slowly wake up and open my eye. Another day in hell. I sit up and stretch before I fully get up. One thing I also have to stretch is my wings.

No one knows about my wings, other than my father. I haven't even dared to tell anyone, not even Larry.

What if they think I'm a freak? This would just add on to every other bad thing about me, every bad thing that people often bully me for. But I would understand if people bullied me for them, because I hate them too. I hate how long they are, and I hate waking up to fucking feathers all over my damn bed once a year. I shed worse than Gizmo sometimes, and I'm not even a cat.

I carefully hide them in my sweatshirt, which I then check if they're noticeable in the mirror in the bathroom, because I don't exactly want people to notice them. I mean it's worked for years.

Travis

I sit down on my bed silently, carefully placing my hands perfectly on my lap as I casually stare at the wall since I was ready to go to school, except I had a few more minutes before I had to start walking.

My mind starts to drift and I start to think about him. Another day with him and his friends. I hate him so much. He deserves to rot in hell. He's a sinner and there's nothing good about him. There's nothing good about anyone in that group.

I snap out of my daze as I glance at the alarm clock on my nightstand, and the few minutes have passed, meaning I have to start walking to school.

When I walk down the stairs, mother was sitting on the couch, watching the morning news. This is usually one of the only few times I ever see her relaxed.

I silently walk over to her, pausing next to her. "Goodbye mother." I speak softly so I don't possibly scare her before I lean down to kiss the top of her head.

It's something small that we always do, but it's always comforting to both of us.

"Oh! Goodbye dear." She smiles at me, gently patting me on the arm before I start to walk towards the door.

When I step outside, I look up at the sky and realize it's going to rain today. Great, I have to ride home with mother or father.

I sigh and turn around opening the door quickly, peaking my head inside. "Mother! Can I walk home after school?"

She turns to look at me, her brows raising in confusion as her eyes meet mine. "But it's going to rain today, your father or I could pick you up."

"I know mother, but please?" I beg, not wanting to take the chance of father picking me up, and we both knew the chance was a lot more likely than her picking me up.

I can see her eyes as they scan over my face, and I knew she knew why I asked.

"If you truly want to." She nods before a smile forms on her face and she waves goodbye to me. "Now get to school or you'll be late!"

Sal

Something that I do every morning ever since I've moved here is that I walk to school everyday with Todd and Larry. They used to do it before I moved here, since they met in Addison apartments.

Usually Todd talks about some science shit, or he talks about irrelevant stuff, or things that are obvious, like right now.

"It's going to rain today." Todd announces suddenly as he glances up at the sky, Larry and I's gazes following shortly after.

"No dip, sherlock." Larry teases Todd, making Todd grunt in response.

We were walking onto the school property when I saw Travis walking into the building. I glance at him for a moment before looking away so he doesn't feel me staring.