Part 3: Chapter 8

"How was the run?" Nat asked after a few minutes.

"I had a good time," I said, thinking about how Sam Wilson was talking to Steve normally, even though he knew who Steve was. It's not really a secret that he is Captain America.

"It was good," Steve said.

"Did you see Sam before?" I asked him.

"Sam? That man?" Nat asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I saw him a few times while running," he said.

"Or maybe, passed him 'on the left'," I said.

"Yeah, that too. But we never talked before today," Steve said.

"Oh, I'm sure you talked because I was with you," I joked. Steve smiled at me.

"Anyways, what's the mission today, Nat?" I asked.

"We need to rescue hostages of the SHIELD," she said.

"Ok," I said. These conversations were normal by now. Over the last seven months, we would have missions every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes every week even.

"Can we go home first?" Steve asked Natasha from the back.

"No," she said instantly.

"I need to get my shield," he continued.

"It's in the back."

"I need my uniform," he said.

"In the back."

"I need MY uniform," I spoke.

"In the back.

"I need to get something to eat. I only had a smoothie for breakfast," I said.

"We'll stop to get you something to eat on the way," she said. 'What the hell? Can't we just go home for a few minutes?' I thought.

"I need to take a shower," I said.

"Me too," Steve said fast. Nat sighed deeply.

"Ugh, fine," she said, clearly not wanting to go home. She turned right. I turned to high-five with Steve.

After a few minutes, we were parked at the front of the Avengers' headquarters.

"Be quick," Nat said as Steve and I were getting out of the car.

"You're not coming?" I asked her, confused.

"No," she said, "Now go! And hurry."

"Ok, ok," I said. I wondered why she wasn't coming.
Steve and I went inside.

"Why do you think she didn't want to come?" I asked Steve when we were in the elevator.

"I have no idea," he said. We got out of the elevator and entered the living room, heading to our bedrooms.

"Didn't you get a mission?" Clint asked us when he saw us. He was sitting on the sofa, watching TV. I would give everything to sit and watch TV with him.

"We do. We need to take a shower first," I said, and we went to our bedrooms.

I entered my bedroom and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. I took my clothes off and got into the shower. When I finished, I put on my uniform, and put my hair into a ponytail. I didn't understand how some women can fight with this hair down. I always put it in a ponytail when I know I'm going to fight. In those rare moments I had to fight with my hair down, I barely pulled out alive because, believe it or not, long hair is a huge disadvantage when it's down and you're fighting.