Part 2: Chapter 9

"Where to now?" Sif asked.

"Look, there's a town there," Hogun said and went there. Volstagg and Fandral ignored him, discussing how to track Thor.

"Hey, guys," Sif said to Volstagg and Fandral, "Hogun spotted town."

"Let's go," I said. We followed Hogun. When we reached the town, people looked at us strangely.

"What are they looking at?" Volstagg asked.

"Oh, they're not used to see people with armours and weapons walking around," I said.

"How are they going to defend themselves if someone attacks them?" Volstagg asked.

"They're going to run," I said, "Or attack them with their fists."

"Weird," he said.

When we searched the town, we saw Thor in a building, and Sif and the warriors three waved to him. I went inside, and they followed.

"Rose! Sif! Volstagg! Fandral! Hogun!" he hugged us.

The people who were inside with Thor were staring at us, amazed.

"Guys this is Jane Foster," a woman with a brown, long hair greeted us, "Darcy Lewis," a woman with glasses, younger than Jane greeted us, "and Erik Selvig," a man, who looked like he was in his sixties, greeted us.

"Guys, these are Rose, Sif, Volstagg, Fandal and Hogun. My friends from Asgard," he introduced us.

"What are you doing here?" Thor asked us.

"We came to get you home," I said.

"You know I can't come home. My father is... is dead, and I must remain in exile," he said.

"Thor, your father still lives," Sif said.  

"Guys? Is anybody else coming?" Darcy asked us. I looked around. Darcy, Jane and Erik went outside.

"The destroyer," Hogun said when we came outside.

The Destroyer's armour was made of metal. It possesses superhuman strength and is practically invulnerable. When the armour's visor is lowered, it shoots the odinforce blast. It is also able to rearrange the armour pieces that make up its body, giving it a nearly unlimited range of motion. It was originally made by Odin as a weapon to use against the Celestials. 

"Why is it here?" Volstagg asked.

"I'm sure Loki sent it," I said.

"Jane, you have to leave, evacuate the city," Thor said.

"What about you?" she asked him.

"Thor is going to fight with us," Volstagg said.

"Friends, I'm just a man now, I can help get these people to safety, but we need some time," Thor said. Sif, Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral and I prepared to fight. I saw the others telling people to go.  

"Keep it distracted," Sif said and ran the other way. I followed her. I saw some children sitting at the corner, scared. I went to help them get to safety. While I was running to the truck where the people were, I saw Volstagg flying through the air and hitting the car.

"Are you okay?!" I shouted so he could hear me through all the screaming and loudness the Destroyer was making.   

"I'm fine!" he said. I continued running to the truck. When I put the children, I went to help Sif and the others. I saw Destroyer lowering the visor so he could shoot fire at Volstagg. I ran to help him. I wanted to fly and try to distract the Destroyer. But before I could do that, I saw Sif, flying through the air and landing on the Destroyer, stabbing him. The sword went through his back and chest and hit the ground. The Destroyer powered off. 

"Is it dead?" I asked. At that moment, the Destroyer started to rearrange the armour pieces until it was facing Sif. It looked as though she was on his chest. He shot the fire, and Sif jumped down at the last moment. We pulled back while the Destroyer got up, leaving the sword stuck on the ground. It shot the fire at us and nearly got us. It shot fire again and we were catapulted. When I got up, I saw Thor run to Sif. Hogan, Fandral and I went to help Volstagg up. The Destroyer blast the cafe he landed in after being catapulted. Thor came to us. 

"You must return to Asgard," he said, "You have to stop Loki."

"What about you?" Fandral asked him.

"Don't worry, friends, I have a plan," Thor said and smiled at us. I hugged him.

"Come on, Rose," Fandral called me. I followed them. I looked back one more time and saw Thor's smile fade away.

"Rose!" This time, Sif called me. I ran to them. They were with Darcy, Jane and Erik. We began to leave, but Jane called us: "Guys, look!" 

We turned around to watch Thor comfort the Destroyer. The Destroyer turned to leave, but it turned around and hit Thor. "NO!" Jane shouted in agony and went to Thor, who landed a few meters away from the Destroyer. I watched them, tears running down my face. in the meantime, the Destroyer turned to leave. At that moment, we heard something was coming. It was loud. Erik went to get Jane away from Thor. They ran, and that's when we saw what was happening. Mjolnir came to Thor. It looked as it was going to smash on him, but at that moment, Thor lifted his hand and caught the hammer. The light from the sky hit Thor. The Destroyer turned around and lowered his visor to shoot fire at Thor. But Thor flew to him and hit him in the head with his hammer, twice. I smiled. Thor got his powers back! The Destroyer got up and tried to shoot fire at Thor again, but he flew with his hammer. We ran away. When we heard the explosion, we turned around. The Destroyer fell to the ground, destroyed. Thor came to us. We left him to talk to Jane alone. When he came to us, after a few minutes, he told us we needed to go to Asgard to stop Loki. We went to the site where we came to Earth. Thor said goodbye to Jane, and we went to Asgard.