Part 3: Chapter 3

After the first night, Steve and I didn't really have time to talk. Tony required every one of us to help him with the tower. Steve and I would leave the apartment early in the morning, straight after breakfast, and come back late at night. We would be so tired we would just go to sleep. And that went on and on until December. On the 24th of December, we finished building and decorating most of the tower. We finished the main living space (kitchen, living room, dining room and bathrooms), bedrooms and a bar (which Tony liked to call 'the party room'). The only things we needed to finish were the lab and the prison cell in the basement.

"Do we need to come tomorrow, Tony?" Nat asked when we sat down after hours of working.

"Of course," he said.

"But it's Christmas!" she complained.

"You need to come! We need to celebrate Christmas!" he said.

"And we are not working?" I asked suspiciously.

"On Christmas? No way!" Tony said. Everyone sighed in relief.

"But we are going to have Christmas dinner, so I'll need help preparing it," Tony said. I looked at Steve and knew he understood what I wanted to say. He nodded.

"We'll be here," I said.

"Me too," Nat said.

"I'll come too," Bruce said.

"I'm not coming," Clint said.

"Why not?" Tony asked him.

"I just don't feel like it. I want to rest for a day."

"Maybe you can invite Thor?" Steve suggested changing the subject.

"I could go to Asgard and ask him," I agreed.

"You can go later, when we finish cleaning," Tony said. It was the last thing we planned on doing today.

"Later? I don't know how long will be until we finish," I said. 

"Soon," he said.

"She has a point, you know," Clint spoke, "You say soon every time and we end up being here until 10, 11 pm."

"Exactly!" I said, looking at Clint with a thankful look.

"Okay, okay!" Tony said, "Go! But come back soon."

"Okay," I said, trying to hide how happy I was that I'm missing the cleaning. I went out and called Heimdall. He opened the portal immediately.

"Hello," he said.

"Hi. Did anything happen while I wasn't here?" I asked, expecting him to say yes.

"No, everything was normal."

"What about Loki?"

"He is in a prison cell."

"Oh, ok," I said, "I'll see you later then. Bye."

After that, I made my way to the palace. 

Once in the palace, I went straight to Thor's chambers. I knocked. Thankfully, he was there.

"Rose! Hi!" he said, happy to see me.

"Hi!" I said and hugged him, "How you been?"

"Good, good. You?" he asked.

"Does rebuilding and decorating Stark's tower count as good or bad?" I joked.

"Depends how hard it was," he said.

"Sometimes hard, sometimes not."

"Then you could say 'Meh'," he said.

"I'm meh." We laughed.