Part 1-Bucky: Chapter 1

I landed on the street. I could hear shouting coming from around the corner. I went there, and I saw three guys around the tiniest and skinniest man I've ever seen.

"Hey!" I shouted, "Get away from him!"

They turned around and looked at me. I could see amazed looks in their eyes, and I knew why; I always had that kind of impression with guys in Asgard. I had big blue eyes, and full red lips and I had curves, bigger than girls in Asgard usually had, and I could see it was the same here.  

"Why, what will you do if we don't?" the middle one said after about 30 seconds. I came closer.

"I said, get away from him," I repeated. My eyes started glowing, and I could feel magic going through my body. The men backed away. "Don't make me repeat it," I said, and they ran away as fast as they could without glancing back. I turned to look at the man on the ground.   

"You okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine, I didn't need your help, but thanks, " he said.

"You didn't need my help?" I smirked, "What were you going to do? You couldn't take one, let alone all of them."

 "You're probably right, but that wouldn't stop me from trying," he smiled, "I'm Steve by the way."

"Hi Steve, I'm Rose,' I introduced myself.

"I need to go; my friend is waiting for me in the bar across the street," he looked at me, "You want to come? I'll buy you a drink as a thank you."

"Sure, I would love to."

***

 The bar was full of people when we entered. Steve was looking around, probably trying to spot his friend. When he saw him, we went forward towards the man who was sitting at the bar. I could tell he was really handsome, even though all I could see was his back and back of his brown hair.

"Bucky!" Steve shouted.

The man turned around, and I could see his face. His blue eyes, and his perfect lips. He smiled when he saw us: "Hey Stevie, who did you bring?"

"Hello, I'm Rose Jenkins," I introduced myself.

"Hey Rose, I'm James Buchanan Barnes, but you can call me Bucky," he said.

We sat down and Steve ordered us drinks.

"So, you new here?" Bucky asked me.

"Yeah," I said. 

"How did you meet Steve?"

"I saw three guys beating the crap out of him and I saw he couldn't do anything, so I helped."

"Not true, I could've handled them myself," Steve interjected.

"Sure, you could," I said, and Bucky laughed. After that, we talked like we've known each other forever. 

***

"Where are you from?" Bucky asked after a couple of drinks.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, believe me," I said.

"Oh, c'mon tell us," Steve interjected.

They didn't stop until I said: "Fine, here we go. I'm from a place named Asgard and came here this afternoon by Bifrost".  

"Wait, are you serious?" Bucky asked, astonished, and I saw regret on his and Steve's face for laughing. I knew I couldn't tell them the truth, not yet.

"Of course not," I said, and relief washed over their faces, and we started laughing.

***

After a while, Steve went to the bathroom, and Bucky asked me if I had a place to stay. 

"No," I answered, "Honestly, I didn't even think about that until you asked". Which was true, before coming to Earth I was thinking about how I'll go shopping, to restaurants and have fun, and now I felt sad and angry for not thinking about important things, like a place to stay and a job. Bucky could probably see the sadness in my eyes because he asked me if I wanted to stay with him.   

 "Are you serious?" I happily asked.

"Yeah"

"Oh my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed and wrapped my hands around his neck. He was still for a second, and then I felt his hands on my lower back and he whispered, "You are very welcome," in my ear. His hands were warm on my back, and I could feel the warmth through my shirt. He smelled so good, and I wanted to stay in his arms forever. It felt so natural.

Steve cleared his throat, and we jumped away from each other. I could still feel his arms on my back. I could still feel his scent.

"What was that about?" Steve asked, smiling. I felt blood rushing to my cheeks, and I felt myself blushing.

"Bucky let me stay with him for a while because I don't have anywhere else to stay," I answered.

"Oh, okay," Steve said and ordered more drinks. I glanced towards Bucky and saw him looking at me, and I could feel his arms around me and his scent again.

After a while, we started dancing. While dancing, I could see Steve glancing between Bucky and me, and I wondered why that was, but I didn't ask.  

***

When we exited the bar, it was 4 am already, and Bucky suggested going home. After a while, we got to Steve's apartment, we said goodnight, and he went in. Bucky and I continued walking.

"This is it," he said after few minutes of walking. The house he was showing was small and cute, with a small garden at the front. We went inside, and I looked around. On the left was a small kitchen with a dining room and on the right was a small living room with a small bookshelf in the far corner. At the back of the house were three bedrooms and one bathroom plus one En suite bathroom. 

"Nice house," I said.

"Thanks. Sorry, it's a little messy," he said apologizing.

"It's fine."

"You can take the bedroom with the bathroom."

"Oh no, no, no, no, you live here, and I think you're supposed to have the master bedroom," I said.

"It's too big for me, and by the way, I thought you wanted to have a bathroom on your own."

"If you insist," I said and entered the room. It was big, he was right about that. The king-size bed was at the back of the room with two bedside tables on each side of the bed. There was a big window on the left side of the bed. The wardrobe was opposite the bed, and there was a small bookshelf on the right wall, beside the bathroom doors. 

"The room is beautiful, thank you," I said. We looked at each other.

"So, I guess this is goodnight?" I spoke.

"Yeah," he said, and he leaned in and kissed me.

"Goodnight," he said and walked off.

"Goodnight," I said, stunned, even though I was sure he couldn't hear me.