Part 1: Chapter 2

I couldn't fall asleep for a long time. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss from last night.

When I woke up it was 10 am, and I could hear movements in the kitchen and someone singing. I got up and went to the bathroom, where I remembered what happened last night: from saving Steve to kissing Bucky. I didn't know how I was feeling nor what I was supposed to feel. I got ready and went to the kitchen.

"Morning, Bucky," I said.

He looked up and stopped singing. "Morning," he said, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you," I looked around. I could see dishes in the sink and a pan on the stove.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"Pancakes," he said and proudly showed me the mixture.

"Nice. You need help?" I asked him.

"No thanks," he said and poured the mixture into the pan. I sat down to watch him. He threw the pancake in the air. The pancake turned, and he caught it perfectly.

"You're doing that great," I complimented him, "I can't even throw it because it always sticks." 

"Thanks," he laughed, "You want to try?"

"Ok, but if I make the mess, it's your fault."

"Ok, but you'll clean it," he laughed, and I joined.

I went to him, and he showed me how to do it.

"You can do it," he said, giving me the pan. I took the pan and threw the pancake. It turned, but I didn't catch it. Instead, it landed on Bucky's head. 

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I apologized and tried to take it off his head.

"Stop it," he said taking my hands, "It's fine. It was your first try."

"But now you'll need to wash your hair until you get everything off, and that will take ages," I said.

"It's fine, really, it's actually funny," he said, and we started laughing. 

***

When we sat down to eat, we were quiet. I was thinking about last night and the kiss and wondered if I should bring it up.

"So... about last night..." I started.

"I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I shouldn't have done that, I should've just said goodnight and go to my room..." he said at once. I got up, walked to him and pressed my lips on his. He was surprised at first, but then he pulled me on his lap. I pulled away and told him: "Don't be sorry". He just smiled and pulled me back.