Confrontation (15 )

Monroe above, A.K.A Jack

------

With slow steps, I make my way back towards the office. I couldn't believe that Landon's intentions weren't genuine. Where did this leave me now? Should I resign, or should I continue what I started? I know that Darren offered me a job but I don't do well with handouts. This job is important to me, it's helping me move out and become independent. Something I've always wanted.

Stepping into the building, I notice that everything is busier than it usually is. I stop where I am and take it all in. The receptionist is talking hurriedly on the phone while quickly typing on the computer. The workers are running everywhere, not even noticing the others, some even running into each other. What could've caused this chaos?

I avoid the other workers and walk quickly towards the elevators. It looks like everybody is choosing the stairs today, too impatient to wait for the elevator to arrive. My foot taps against the marble floors and my face must be showing my utmost confusion.

Usually, the workers are calm and collected, this is crazy. Something big must have happened since I left for lunch. Uneasiness fills my system. I really couldn't think of what could cause this. Maybe our firm is under fire?

I step into the elevator after it's cleared, counting down the seconds until I reach the top floor. Once the doors open I'm surprised to find Darren and Landon having a full out verbal fight. I quickly rush off the elevator and jog towards them, stepping in between them before the fight becomes physical.

"What's going on here?" I shout over them and both of them try to explain themselves at once. I silently lift my hand up to silence them. It surprisingly worked as they quickly calm down.

"Darren, what's wrong?" I ask. Deciding that I would ignore Landon until I knew what I was going to do.

"Well, he instigated the whole thing. All over the fact that I didn't tell him that Jack is coming back." He said, rolling his eyes with a large sigh. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"You didn't tell him? Wait... how didn't he even know that he was coming back? He's the CEO for Christ's sake." I say. I feel Landon move closer towards me and my body stiffens up. Darren's eyes quickly darken as he resumes glaring at Landon.

"I didn't know because usually, Megan tells me these things," Landon says sharply. I ignore his comment.

"I-is that all this was over?" I ask, knowing that there must be more to all of this.

"Yes." Landon quickly says before Darren could comment. His hand grips my forearm as he pulls me back into his chest. I struggle against his hold, feeling repulsed by his touch. I send Darren a look filled with desperation but Landon's grip tightens causing me to wince slightly.

"Stop, Pet. Now." He demands. With that, Darren takes three steps towards us and pulls me away from Landon. All while glaring at him harshly.

"Don't touch him." He growls the veins in his neck straining from his anger. I've never seen Darren like this before and it slightly scares me. I'm relieved that I'm not on the receiving end of it. I send him a quick appreciative glance and look back towards Landon.

If I thought that Darren was angry, Landon is beyond furious. His face is red with anger, his hands in fists at his side. He's holding himself back from attacking Darren quickly. I back up in fear, I don't do well in these types of situations. My fight or flight instinct kicks in and it favors the second one. That's why I'm surprised that I even got in between them in the first place.

"You have no right to take away what is mine, let alone touch him, Darren. You have five seconds to let him go." Landon growls. His fists clenching and unclenching.

"He's not yours." An unknown voice sounds from behind us. My head shoots sideways and my mouth drops open. The owner of the voice by far beats out Landon and Darren in the looks department. He's the definition of tall, dark, and handsome.

He stands at 6'5" at the least. His shoulders are broad and you could see his defined muscles through his slightly transparent shirt. His thighs look like tree trunks and his bulge has me slightly panting. His dark hair is slightly longer and it falls messily in front of his charcoal eyes. Oh God, this guy is Temptation in disguise.

"Monroe. You're early." Landon says, confidence coating his every word.

"Am I? Well, when I heard that you were... trespassing, on my territory, I had to rush back. I knew you were an asshole Landon, but I thought you were above this." Monroe, well, Jack, says. Monroe suits him so much better though, it sounds... more alluring. I shift from foot to foot when his gaze lands on me. My pants quickly become suffocating as my shaft swells up. God, his stare alone could make me cum on demand.

"Hello, Kendall. I was hoping that we could meet on different terms, this will do though. Come here, darling." He whispers softly. His arm reaching out towards me. Without thinking, I scurry towards him and grab his hand. He then lifts it up to his lips and kisses it. His lips are warm and slightly chapped. My mouth is agape and my breathing is very audible.

"H-hi," I whisper, ducking my head to avoid meeting his heated gaze.

"You are even more breathtaking up close." He says, not letting go of my hand as he lightly tugs me towards his warm body. Instead of being repulsed like I was with Landon's touch, heat filled my body. I could feel every part where his body touched mine. Thoughts of us naked fill my head, causing me to blush heavily.

"Thank you, Sir," I whisper again.

"He's not your property, Monroe." Landon's voice startles me, leading to me jumping slightly in fright. Monroe squeezes my hand in reassurance.

"He was mine since the first time I saw him in the front lobby," Monroe says while locking eyes with mine. His eyes are warm and loving. A smile slips onto my lips, the blush never leaving my cheeks.

"Landon, back off," Darren says, his voice filled with frustration. With a quick glance, I could tell that he's past fed up with this whole situation.

"You know what? He isn't even worth it. He's an annoying twink worth nothing." Landon says and with that, he stalks off to his office and slams the door. I knew though that he wasn't the type to admit defeat so easily. His words make my shoulders drop. What if he was right? Why would Monroe even be interested in somebody like me?