Ripped skinny jeans (9)

On the way back to the apartment I rest my head against the window. I could tell that Derek is trying to give me space, even as he's bursting from the seams with curiosity. I could see him tossing me side glances from the corner of my eyes every few seconds. He wants to know what went on with Holden and me, but he knows that I am in no mood to talk. I feel slightly guilty since I usually tell Derek everything. I'm just feeling really confused.

The whole night I couldn't stop comparing Holden to Landon. I know it's wrong, but I just couldn't help it. They are completely different. Holden is outgoing, and not in any way cold like Landon is. It could be slightly overwhelming though.

His arrogance and loud behavior causes me to feel anxious and out of place. Some people would say that he would be good for me; would cause me to come out of my shell more. I disagree.

He only makes me want to retreat further into said shell while Landon makes me feel comfortable and protected. He doesn't need to say anything for me to feel at peace. Appearance wise though, they can't be compared. Holden's cute, but more in the aspect of a misunderstood artist. Landon radiates class and sophistication. He is pure man. Which attracts me like no other. I think that's where the issue is. I'm attracted to my boss.

Finally giving up, Derek parks in his parking spot and exits the car with a large sigh. He then makes his way into the apartment without me. After a few seconds filled with self-loathing, I get out of the car as well and make my way upstairs. Once in the apartment, I directly go into his room and drop onto the bed beside him. Causing him to groan. He looks over at me in annoyance.

"I-I'm attracted to my boss. Derek, w-what's w-wrong with me!?" I whimper nestling further into his covers. It's been forever since I slept in an actual bed.

"So what? It doesn't matter if he's your boss. He's a good looking man. Even I could notice that and I'm perfectly straight. Now, that doesn't mean that you can't grow to like Holden." He says while tossing his old high school football in the air.

He was the school's star receiver. Everybody thought that it was weird that he was friends with the art nerd. We didn't care though, we were attached at the hip unless he was making out with one of his flings. In that case, I was far, far away from him.

"Not to mention Landon's an ass while Holden seems decent enough." He adds as an afterthought.

"A hot ass though." I groan, tossing my arm over my eyes. God, I'm so stupid. I have an attractive guy who's actually interested in me but I'm too busy pinning after my jerk of a boss.

"Why don't you feel him out? Send out subtle signals that you're interested, then see how he reacts." Derek suggests as if it's the best plan he's ever had.

"W-what?! Are you crazy? He's my boss! I could lose my job, I need that job!" I squeal at him in shock, my mouth dropping open, making him glare at me sharply.

"Once again, so what? You're an attractive guy, you could probably turn a straight man gay with one look." He says with a wink. I ignore his statement.

"I don't even know how to send out signals! I've never done this before, remember?" I exclaimed throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

"You've watched romance movies before though. Just do whatever the women did to capture the men's attention" he says as if it's the easiest thing in the world. I scoff at his simplicity.

"Right, like I'm going to twirl my hair and pull down my shirt to show off my non-existent cleavage," I say with sarcasm coating my every word. He once again glares at me.

"Of course not! Show off your ass, you have every top's fantasy ass. Use it to your advantage. And bite your lip while you talk, that's a huge turn on." He says with a pervy smile making me hit him in the chest.