Prologue

Eighteen years old and I still have nothing to my name. I thought that moving away from my hometown to go to university in Denver things would change. Three weeks have passed and I'm having a hard time finding a job to support myself. I've been sleeping on my best friends couch, practically mooching off of him. I have gone to five job interviews, all ending up being an epic failure due to my lack of experience. I never felt the need to get a part-time job when I was younger, my parents were well off and never denied me of my wants and needs. Now I know that that was a huge mistake.

I'm going to the University of Denver for graphic design with a minor in communications. I was the kind of kid who drew up comics in their bedroom and entertained the dream of creating their own company who allowed simpletons like me to create art. Of course, now I realize the effort that will go into that, as well as the money. The money I don't have.

Derek, my best friend, roped me into coming. Promising me great things, including the amount of food that he'd buy me. We'd been friends since preschool, of course, I couldn't let him leave without me. He didn't let me know that he was moving into a one bedroom apartment and that I'd only be allowed to live here for a certain amount of time because my gayness would soon affect his sex life. How? I don't know.

He got fed up the last time that I didn't get a call back from my interviewer so he pulled some strings. Tomorrow after my morning classes, I am to go to a Publications Firm: Central Denver and hopefully land this job. Sure, I don't want to be a receptionist for forever, but it's a paycheck.