Chapter 30- Bittersweet Things.

Start from the beginning

She ducked down slightly and walked to the front, taking notice of the driver's seat which had Marv sitting in it, smiling in the rearview mirror. "Good evening, Brynn."

She smiled, sitting down, "hey. How are you?" A wider smile crinkled the corners of his eyes, "very good, thank you. Excited for tonight?"

You could say that. "Yes."

Brayden took a seat by Brynn, on in between them. "Good evening, Marv," he greeted, loosening the buttons on his blazer to sit down comfortably. Marv nodded, "sir," then reached forward to press a button and suddenly a wall was splitting up the driver's space and the large back space. The girl was taken back, cars could do anything nowadays.

Not so long after the divider thing was put up, Callan entered, taking the seat between Brayden and Brynn. Then everybody else entered and the vehicle started moving. The ride was made up of small conversation and arriving, Brynn was told to stay close by Callan.

Being told to stay close to him didn't make sense to her until they actually exited the car and were met with a lot of flashes. Brynn felt her breathing increase violently at the volume of people's voices and the tightly packed situation she was in being squished so close to Callan's right side. It felt like it took forever to be in the restaurant and properly seated, but realistically, it didn't take more than two minutes. Brynn felt like she could breathe entering the restaurant. It was definitely... fancy.

It had a quiet ambience and low chatter and the table they were showed to even had their names in each seat. It was a rectangular table with Callan sat at the end- his seat even had a happy birthday balloon. Brynn had the seat to his right, Zayne to his left and next to Zayne was Brayden and Zach. Next to Brynn was Zaiden and Silas and Ezra sat on the other end to Callan.

Brynn sat comfortably, looking around the table to see her brothers picking up the papers which were in their places. She looked to her place and saw the same paper, the menu. She picked up, her brothers were doing it which meant she had to, too. They were scanning theirs, so she did too.

Before having any real chance of reading anything on it besides the title, 'Menu', it was taken from her hands. She blinked, watching it rise and then go to the right to the front of Zaiden.

That's okay. She wasn't that hungry anyway.

Zaiden reached into the middle of the table, taking a fancy-looking pen from a rose-gold pot. He put Brynn's menu down in front of him and wrote on it. No one was stopping him and there was no way in hell Brynn was going to. Didn't he have his own to doodle on though? she thought, moving one the many forks a little straighter by their end.

Instead of dwelling more thought into it, she was silent. She was feeling a little sick anyway-

"Here."

She blinked once aggressively when her recently taken menu was displayed in front of her face. Zaiden was looking at his own menu as he held hers. Taking the paper, she re-looked over the menu to inspect the changes made. He wrote something under every dish or drink mentioned. Translations

The entire menu was in Italian and Zaiden translated everything so she didn't have to ask like an idiot. He did something which helped her not look stupid and she'd always be grateful for someone doing that for her.

"Thank you," she said, looking at him. His eyes stopped scanning the menu for a second before they looked over to her. He looked for two seconds before he cleared his throat and nodded, going back to reading his menu.

Brynn read through hers too. She didn't want to seem picky or anything, but she would prefer something simple. Not something where she doesn't know what half the vegetables are. If they had chips on the side, that was a good start. It was physically impossible to go wrong with chips anywhere. They were like a safety net.