Chapter 6- Who Done It?

Edited

"And don't lie," Ezra warned from where he was standing, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed and a hard face.

Seven brothers and one sister. She was completely outnumbered! "I fell down the stairs when-"

"I believe we told you not to lie," Zayne's silky smooth voice reprimanded.

"Tell the truth, hun," Callan said. Callan and Zach had gotten off the bed and were now standing at the end of it.

Zayne was still sat in his seat, looking professional as ever, Brayden was leaning against one of the counter-tops on his right arm and Ezra, Silas and Zaiden were leaning against the doorway.

Their expressions became even darker. Maybe she could run? But she didn't think she could get as far as the edge of the bed.

"Brynn." Zayne.

He was now in front of her, out the chair, and was making painful eye contact with her. She looked at a diagram of the digestive system on the wall behind Brayden. Zayne tutted as his right hand grasped her chin and angled her head to look at him. "Brynn," he repeated more sternly.

He took a deep breath and his nose flared in the slightest. "Did someone give you these marks?" he glanced down at the bandaged shoulders which were just visible under the loose white shirt Brayden had her wear.

Brynn scanned the rest of the room to watch the rest of the brothers' faces. "Don't look at them, look at me," Zayne forced her attention back to him. "Did someone hurt you?"

She really couldn't keep a strong front anymore. It was overwhelming, thinking about what has happened and the current situation she was in. Sucking in her bottom lip and breathing her nose, her chest stuttered. It was too much. She nodded and could practically feel the tense silence. Zayne's grip tightened substantially and his face was blank.

"Who?" he didn't really ask, it was almost like he'd already figured it out.

She didn't do anything. What was she supposed to say? Milo? The guy mum left me with? The man so many people put their trust in?

"Brynn Marie Verlice, answer us," Callan ordered. Brynn didn't even want to imagine what his face looked like right now. He even used her middle name.

She still stayed silent. A few more unbearable seconds of silence and they weren't having it anymore.

"Brynn," Ezra's voice growled as his arm slammed on the door frame nearly shaking the whole room. Unlike the rest of the brothers, who stayed in their places not shocked by Ezra's sudden outburst, she shrinked backwards, both literally and figuratively, "Milo!"

Everyone froze, except Zayne. His stare grew more tense and his jaw was practically shaking. Wanting to be alone has never been a more prominent want in Brynn's mind.

"Everyone, except Callan, out," Zayne ordered them and soon after, protests immediately sprang around the room.

Brynn lowered her head, and vision, as much as she could in Zayne's grip. The grip loosened as Zayne turned his head over his left shoulder, effectively silencing the room when he did so. The ones he silenced balled their fists up and held looks with him, agitatedly and angrily.

"Come on," Brayden walked out first, followed, reluctantly, by the others. Once the door closed, Zayne released his grip and looked back at Brynn with an unreadable expression. "Brynn, I'm going to ask you some questions and you're going to answer them honestly. You can nod or shake your head just this once, okay?"

Relieved she didn't have to talk, she nodded weakly, wanting this over with as soon as possible. Callan came over and sat by her side, at an appropriate distance away with twitching hands. "Has this been a recent thing?" The questions began.