Chapter 2- Welcoming.

Edited.

Brynn's eyes widened, she'd been caught. Turning around, she saw another tall man who she presumed to be Brayden- the third eldest brother- in work looking clothes.

He had his hands on his hips. "I hope you weren't eavesdropping there, sorellina."

Brynn wasn't sure if he was teasing or not. He had his right eyebrow raised and his tone didn't seem mad. "I uhm, I wasn't," she answered.

Then she realised that was stupid because he'd literally just seen her do it. She felt the need to over-explain herself. "Callan told me to come down, so I," she gulped, "I did. But I think that he's talking to someone right now..." she trailed off, noting that he was coming closer. Her eyes followed him as he did, but her body remained explaining.

He got close as she spoke, "so I was just waiting-" and then she got cut off when he hugged her. Arms wrapped around her shoulders and right hand holding the back of her head close. Much like Callan did, oddly enough.

The girl froze, unsure of what she should do. Her arms remained at her sides as he held tighter. This was odd.

Eventually, Brayden let go. Not entirely though, his left hand still had hold on her right shoulder and two of his right fingers were placed under her chin when she tried to look someplace else. He did what most of the people she'd met within the span of two hours did. Observed her face. She didn't know why people were doing that, but she didn't understand nor like it.

After what Brynn counted to be eleven seconds, he released her chin and frowned at her flushed face. "You haven't got a fever, have you, hun?" he asked, using the back of his hand and bringing it up to her forehead then left cheek. "You feel a bit warm."

Brynn felt like she was getting warmer. "You weren't out in the rain for too long, were you?" she wasn't fond of how fast his hand movements were, jolting her head back when he continued. His frown became more prominent, "Brynn?"

"'m fine," she insisted, rubbing her right foot against her left ankle then looking down at them. Brayden's fingers found themselves back under her chin, bringing her head up once again.

He was silent for a few minutes before he grinned really wide. "Come on." He stood back up and his left hand was placed on the back of her right shoulder, making her tense but he paid no mind to it, gently moving her with him towards the double doors leading to the kitchen.

It seemed like Callan and Silas were still talking. "You can't keep blackmailing me with Zayne-"

"And what might you two be talking about?" Brayden cut in with severity in his tone, squeezing Brynn's shoulder lightly.

The two stopped their bickering and faced the two, Callan's fierce face was wiped and he smiled whilst Silas said nothing, keeping his sinister look. Brynn played with her thumbs hangnails on either hand, trying not to make eye contact with him. He didn't look so happy.

"Hey hun, the clothes okay?" Callan spoke softly. The girl nodded, giving a small smile towards his direction.

"Sweetheart, we would really like verbal answers from you," he told her with obvious order behind it and who was Brynn to disobey? These guys just had different rules to Milo.

"Yes they're fine, thank you," she muttered out. The second she'd stopped speaking, Silas scoffed, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room, minus Brynn who kept her eyes looking anywhere else.

Silas walked away from Callan from where they were behind the marble kitchen island. He rounded it and went straight for the door, being halted when Brayden grasped his left arm and pulled him back to face him.