Chapter 1. Life Is Made up of Damn Timing

Start from the beginning

"Thinking about what Lady has done in the past, I think my suspicions are justified."

At his words, I remembered Margaret's past deeds.

Margaret was famous for chasing Enoch viciously.

It was not uncommon to follow him around like a stalker and annoy him, and if there was a young lady who even talked to him, she would hold her hair without noble's-dignity and make a fuss.

There was a time when she nearly killed him because of a love potion she had bought by tricking him into thinking it was a drinkable medicine.

Sponsored Content

The case was well managed by the power of the Duke of Floné, but from then on Enoch began to hate Margaret in earnest.

She had done so many rude things that she could be punished at any time for her sins, but she survived.

It was thanks to the great power of the Duke of Floné. Of course, the fact that Prince Enoch was a prince without backers also played a part.

'I have nothing to say.'

But I answered in the calmest tone possible.

"The Floné's family is strong, but it's not enough to recklessly kidnap the Crown Prince of the Empire."

I sighed and ruffled my hair back. Maybe it was because of the humid weather, I already had a headache. It's too late to pretend to be dignified.

"...... that's right."

Enoch calmed down his anger faster than expected and began to make a proper judgment of the situation. The energy that had threatened me disappeared in an instant.

"Was it the work of the Rodven faction?"

He muttered with a thoughtful look on his face.

If it was Rodven, it was clear that he was referring to the wretched and abandoned prince who had been deprived of the crown prince's seat by Enoch and was imprisoned in the north.

Yes, as Enoch said, there may be political reasons.

However, it is not too late to think about the problem after I escape.

"Then, are you done with your business?"

I turned around quietly. I was about to go straight into the forest but he hurriedly grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?"

Damn, I tried to run away naturally, but this time I failed again.

'I think it will be easier for me to take refuge in a safe place.'

Finding the hut the main characters lived in might help me survive.

Besides the hut, there was also an underground bunker suitable for hiding.

It seems that the female lead, Yuanna, finds the bunker at the end of the first volume. It was before she escapes from the island through the 'door'.