Chapter 17

His muscular chest touched my back. His body was as firm as a sculpture carved by an artist.

“I’m okay. Thank you.”

Somewhat embarrassed, I turned my head.

I turned my back on him and looked down at Kayden. He was still holding my wrist. His physical strength was so great that it’s hard to escape from his grip.

“Just a moment.”

At that time, Enoch’s low voice was heard asking for understanding. Enoch’s big hand then wrapped around my wrist at once.

He easily let go of Kayden’s grip from my hand. Only then can I stand up straight.

“It left a mark.”

He gently patted my red wrist with his thumb. The area where his fingers rubbed tickled, which made me feel weird.

“Shall I kill him?”

“Yes.”

I responded reflexively to Enoch’s murmur and shook my head in surprise.

“Wait, what? No! Be patient. You have to control your anger.”

He burst into laughter as I hurriedly stopped him. Maybe he had no intention of doing that from the beginning, so he immediately came up with something else.

“I think this man is Archmage Kayden.”

He identified Kayden’s identity at once.

After all, Enoch is the Crown Prince of the Empire, and it’s impossible that he doesn’t know about the existence of the Archmage. Even Kayden was said to be the only great wizard on the continent.

Enoch sighed as he looked at Kayden with a displeased face.

“……I hate to admit it, but the wizard’s knowledge might be useful.”

Sponsored Content

After saying that, Enoch looked at me as if asking for my opinion.

“I will tie him up and bring him in. If he doesn’t agree to be tied up, I’ll kick him out.”

……he seems to think I wouldn’t agree to tie Kayden.

However, it can’t be. I nodded vigorously and agreed with him.

First, Enoch moved the coconut bowls and harpoons with fish into the cave.

Then he took the hem of the torn dress he had used yesterday as a bandage and tied Kayden’s limbs tightly.

The entrance to the cave was slightly raised from the ground, so Enoch had no choice but to lift up Kayden and move him.

He put Kayden down on the side of the cave and went to prepare dinner. I quietly observed Kayden’s condition.

“Did he get hurt?”

There was blood on the shirt seen under his robe.

I hurriedly turned to Enoch. Fortunately, he seemed busy preparing the fruit in the coconut bowl.