Chapter 21: A final decision, may your heart guide you

We were still somewhat off balance after Spyro threw Simian into the portal. However, we could not stay to celebrate: a movement shook the real of convexity.

"Look!" Ember said, "The portal is closing!"

Looking in the direction we came from, the great dimensional hole was getting smaller and smaller.

"The Ether energy must have fixed the crack, now it is closing," said Ray.

"We must go before we get caught!" Flame said.

On the other hand, I looked at Edel thinking about what would be the last time, and she looked back at me.

"You must go back" she said, "You have already helped us, thank you very much."

"I will really miss you" I said, "I really love you."

They all saw us, and were sentimental about the goodbye. Then they flew towards the portal, and I towards mine. It was so close to the yellow beam of light ...

(But...)

"He must return to his world ..." thought Edel

One by one, the others came out. Only her and Cynder were missing. They were so close to the exit, but she couldn't stop thinking about Jhonny.

"Edel! Watch out!" yelled Cynder, who was already about to walk through the portal.

Something hit Edel on the head: it was one of those floating rocks. Her mind felt about to fall unconscious, and her body was going to fall into space.

Suddenly, heat came from somewhere, and she felt someone carrying her and holding her. It was someone with a warm power, but at the same time so comfortable. Immediately after that, she could perceive the same sensation when they first walked through the portal, and finally she could feel the fresh air of the forest. Finally, she fell unconscious.

(1 hour later)

"Will she be okay? Please tell me he's okay."

"She will be fine, but the one who surprises me the most is you, why did you come back?"

"Yes, you surprise me too. It's not that I'm not happy to see you, but ..."

"Guys, Edel is waking up"

Edel felt a little disoriented when she got up, but she could see around her: she was back in the dragon temple. Also, around her were Spyro, Cynder, Flame, Ember, Sparx, Thorr, Ray and ...

"Jhonny! You're here" she said hugging me, "But how?"

"When I was going towards the portal, I changed my mind and decided to go with you" I said, "But I saw that you hit a floating rock and fell. I used my speed to reach you and take you out of the realm of convexity."

"But you will not return to your world ..." she started to say, but I stopped her.

"I must not regret anything: I am where I should be. Besides, I promised to be companions, and I will not break that promise"

As soon as I said that, Edel moved against me, pushing her head under my neck, the way lions did her mates. She could hear her pulse pounding in my ears. She couldn't help but feel at peace. There was no other place he would rather be closer to Edel.

"This, lovebirds, have you forgotten that we are all here?" Sparx interrupted the scene.

Just as slow as we unite, we separate. At that moment, the guards, Sybilla and Cynthia entered the room.

"Cynder! My daughter" said Cynthia, crying and hugging her, "I thought she had lost you again."

"Me too, little one" said Terrador, "I will never let them take you again."