Chapter 12: Relationships

"I see you like Ember, Flame" I said once they were gone.

"I... what... no..." he started, "Okay, I admit it: Ember likes me. But I don't know anything about having a partner. Do you have any? "

I felt a strong blow, it was not physical, but sentimental. If I summed up my life before arriving here, I was a complete failure: I didn't have much talent in sports, not even in science, how was I supposed to have a partner? Seeing my life from that point of view, I hated it, I always wanted the earth to swallow me up for being so pathetic, I felt hated for being myself.

"No, I never had one" I said after a while, "But you've been with those girls longer, I'm surprised you're not a boyfriend with any of them"

"I would like to have a better relationship with Ember. Edel don't want to have something with anybody who lives here" he explained "According to her, she says that she will recognize the perfect dragon when she sees him"

"Are she so picky about her partner?" I asked.

"According to her, her father told her that when he and her mother met, they struck up a kind of... 'connection'. It's ... like proof that two dragons are made for each other. I remember my mother saying something similar when she told me about her and Dad. Mabe it's only love"

'Connection' was repeated in my head as soon as Flame said that. I remembered what happened when I saw Edel arriving at LunaVillage: she and I looked at each other for a long time, and I felt that strange feeling, was it the sentimental link of the dragons that Flame mentioned? No, it couldn't be, I was human, at least on the inside, but she was a dragon. How could it be possible? At the same time, I was relieved: maybe I had finally gotten what I always wanted: a home, good friends, adventure, and a partner, unless she felt the same way.

"And you... are you ok?" Flame said, and I came back to the present, "Thinking of Edel maybe?"

I blushed; the truth was that I had liked Edel as soon as I met her.

"Yes, something like that. Well, what you have to know with a girl is that you must be like yourself, and know what she wants "

"Ok, something else?"

"Well... I think that it's the most important. I'm not an expert in this..."

I was talking Flame about it, as we headed to the lake. Once we arrived, Flame became nervous when noticing Ember's presence.

"Come on, be yourself" I said. Flame sighed and approached the dragon.

As he walked towards her, Flame noticed a cluster of roses nearby, thinking it would be a good idea, he picked them up and offered them to Ember.

Ember seemed to like the gift, but just smelling them, she sneezed.

"Oh, sorry," Flame said.

"It's nothing, thank you for the gift," Ember said. And, just at that moment, she kissed him. At the same time, he made a silly face of love.

"And I thought that this kind of thing happened only in my world" I thought while laughing at the situation.

(Some time later...)

"Flame and Jhonny are taking too long, where have they been?" Spyro said, looking to see if his friend or brother returned.

"I think I see them," said Sparx. Indeed, in the distance, two red dragons were heading towards them.

"Hi bro," Flame said. Spyro looked at him first, and then at me.

"He explained it to myself," I said.

"So, you are Jhonny" said a dragon that appeared behind Spyro, "I am Sybilla"

"Nice to meet you" I said, trying to make a little bow "Flame already told me all about you"

"You are a sweetheart, but just call me Sybilla"

"Wait," Flame said, "where's Cynder?"

"Cynder stayed with Cynthia because ... they are mother and daughter," Spyro explained.

"Woah" I said trying to sound impressed, "Something seemed so familiar ..."

"Cynthia will be very happy now that she got her daughter back," Sybilla said, then turned to Spyro, "as I got mine back. Come on guys, let's eat. You can also come Jhonny and Sparx".

"Thank you very much Sybilla" I said. And I followed them.

"I'm going to hunt a couple of butterflies, that's my food," said Sparx and left on his own.

Sybilla led us to her house, it looked like a version of the temple, but with only three rooms: a living room, a dining room and Sybilla and Flame's bedroom.

"You can sleep with us, there is enough space" said the hostess, "Here, I caught this quite a while ago. Don't worry about me, I already ate".

"Thank you" we each said respectively.

She brought us three pieces of lamb each, which we cooked with our respective fire breaths, resulting in the most delicious lamb meat ever tasted.

"Lambs abound in these areas, so there is plenty of food. By the way, Jhonny "asked Sybilla, looking at me" Do you have family here too? Or is it elsewhere? "

I had to tell them the truth.

"Well, I ..." I had a good time telling my story (with which Spyro supported me by saying that he was a good, intelligent and skillful friend, something that my 'other human friends' would never have said). Having finished, along with the food, they accepted me as I was now: a dragon. But they promised not to tell anyone else. The next minute, Sparx returned.

"I have news" said the dragonfly, "I was spying on Cynder and Cinthia's conversation, and it turns out that Cynder's father is Terrador"

"What? I never would have guessed" said Spyro.

"Yes, me neither. I wonder how old Terrador will react when he finds out that his daughter was alive and closer than he imagined"

"It's true," said Sybilla, "They have to let them solve that family problem on their own. Well, it's late, tomorrow all the dragons of LunaVillage will prepare to begin the flight to Warfang and the temple. Time to rest".

Hearing Sybilla like that, it seemed like she was my mother too, although I was aware that I had mine. However, as her guest, I obeyed without causing a problem and we all went to sleep.

While trying to sleep something made me uncomfortable: Thinking of my mother and the rest of my family made me nostalgic, but the friendship and excitement of Spyro, his friends and family made me feel at home. If I had the opportunity to return to my world, would I have to say goodbye to such good friends?

Tired of thinking, I fell asleep.