Chapter 15: The first test, ¡TeamWork!

The tests had begun, and many dragons were already participating: The test consisted of a battle against a huge sentinel made of stone. Many had tried and succeeded, others seemed to have had problems. Upon arrival, we are met by Spyro and Sparx observing the test.

"Hello friends" said Spyro, "Are you ready?"

"Yes, all together," Edel said.

On one side of the square there were some hairy beings similar to goats, with colors between browns and creams, they also wore costumes that resembled that of an aboriginal people.

"I see," said Spyro, "the stone sentinel is of the Aklaba."

"The Aklaba?" Ray asked.

"Yes, they are a native people of the high plains, we once helped them with a problem from their god of the sanctuary."

Then, I remembered: it was when they went to rescue Edel's father, Cyril, who was being held there by Cynder.

"Yes, and since then, they have respected and adored me," Sparx glorified himself.

"Hahahaha" we all laughed at Sparx's comment. It seemed that Sparx was not very amused. We continue to observe the fighting of the teams with the sentry.

"It seems ... complicated" I said as I watched a dragon take a good kick from the sentry.

"Well, if we work as a team, we will win," said Edel. His bravery fueled mine.

At that moment, it was Flame's team. They grandly dodged various attacks and performed their counter offensive every time the sentry struck. That was his weak point perhaps: Every time he attacked, he made himself vulnerable, but for only a short time.

After many dodges, counterattacks, and element demonstrations against the golem, it was defeated. The crowd (made up of dragons, moles, cheetahs and aklaba) congratulated the team, they had done quite well. On the other hand, I could see how Ember hugged Flame with happiness, it seems that she considered him a hero. Meanwhile, I was thinking of a good strategy, I didn't really want to get hit by the golem, but we had to fight smartly.

"Yes, I got it!" I said when I looked again at the sentinel.

"What, Jhonny?" Edel asked. Ray and Thorr looked at me too.

"Does that sentinel have vines that connect its arms and legs to the rest of its body?" I asked for.

"Well now that I looked at it, it does seem that way" Ray replied.

"So, have you come up with a strategy?" Thorr asked.

"I think so: When he attacks us, Edel and I will destroy the vines on his arms and legs: Edel from the right and I from the left, that way the attacks won't collide. Then Thorr and Ray will hit him with the new combination they have learned. Finally, we will use our combined breaths to destroy the main body when it is on the ground. What do you think?

"Umm, interesting and fun" said Edel, "Sounds great, it has to be done"

"Let's do it," Thorr said.

Flame and his team returned triumphant and united, in a couple of rounds it would be our turn. After two more teams, it finally was. We went in front of the square to await our challenge.

Usually, I'd be nervous if it was just one performance. But we also had to deal with what had appeared in front of us: the sentinel or stone golem. Taking a closer look at it was shocking. But this was not the time to look, but to act: it was beginning to attack us.

We managed to dodge his main attacks, but we followed the agreed plan: When dodging him, I used my fire breath to burn the vine that held his left arm to his body, causing him to fall. While he was worried about his arm, Edel took advantage and cut the right leg-body liana with an ice tail, which looked like a very sharp knife. The monster was staggered with one arm and one leg.

"Now!" Edel and I yelled.

Ray prepared his electric ball, and Thorr his earthhook: The impact that the sentry took was so strong that it collapsed. We seized the opportunity: we each used our respective breaths from different angles and smashed the sentry to pieces.

The crowd was filled with congratulations, everyone was impressed by the coordination and teamwork that we had shown in the test.

"That's my daughter!" Cyril happily approached Edel, "Well done, our ancestors will be as proud as I am!"

"Thanks, Dad" Edel replied hugging him, "By the way, I have to tell you something, something personal."

They both walked away and I wondered what their talking point was on.

"With this" said Terrador in his speech, after the rest of the teams finished "now there are five teams that have managed to pass to the next test. My most sincere congratulations for the participation of the teams that did not succeed, we hope that the defeat does not discourage them, but that it encourages even more their spirit and friendship".

"The next flight test will be a race, held tomorrow" continued with the speech Cyril, who returned after finishing talking with Edel, "the teams will have to fly through the southern islands, towards an island, and then bring a flag and return to the temple.

"And finally, they will reach the Temple of the Dragon", concluded Volteer, "where the last test will be executed. Because of today's actions, you are all tired, go to recharge your batteries. See you tomorrow".

"Phew, I thought he'd make a speech until the next day," said Sparxs.

With that said, Flame's team met up with ours, Spyro, Cynder, and Ember, and we headed to the building where I met the guards, had some lamb for dinner (which was quite delicious) and we all went to together to sleep.

(¿? POV)

Meanwhile, in a dark and gloomy cave, a medium ape asked a huge one with a very special black armor:

"How will we bring the purple dragon, lord, if several of our own failed to just catch it?"

"We will go for what matters most to him: Cynder."