Chapter 9: Welcome to LunaVillage

Cynder had found a curious shape in the rocks, a crescent shape. It was surely the entrance. Spyro put his paw up and, without hesitation, the door opened, leading to a long, torch-lit tunnel.

"I guess only a dragon could open it" he deduced "Come on in. Sparx, could you come forward, please? We could use a little more lighting.

"At your command, my young purplish one," Sparx joked.

"Wait friends, please" I said before entering. They turned and looked at me.

"Is something wrong, Jhonny?" Spyro said.

"May I ask you not to tell anyone here that I am human?" I said, I hoped they understood.

"Why?" Cynder asked, "You shouldn't feel bad about your past. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about "

"It's not that, Cynder. I'm just... I'm afraid they won't be as understanding as you are "

They looked at me with a puzzled face, it seemed incredible that someone who was so happy and good was afraid of meeting more dragons.

"Okay, I get it" said Spyro, putting his front paw on my shoulder, then turned to Cynder and Sparx "We promise not to say any of that, right?"

"Count on that," Cynder said, "I didn't want to remember my past either, and I won't talk about it either."

"I swear to be as quiet as possible," said Sparx. 

"Thanks friends" I told them.

"Very good," Spyro declared, "Let's go in"

We walked for about a minute through that tunnel, just when it seems that we were going to arrive, someone stopped us: at the entrance there was a red dragon with the same scales as me, but with the difference that its horns and belly were yellow, and its tail was curiously similar to Spyro. The weirdest thing was that, unlike the scales, it was similar to Spyro.

Intruders! Who are you?" scream.

"Easy, hot head," said Sparx, "we're the good guys."

"You shouldn't be here!" he yelled, he seemed unconvinced, "Are you friendly at least?

"Sure. But, is this LunaVillage?" Cynder asked.

"Yes, and who are you?" he seemed not convinced.

"Calm down, friend" Spyro said, "My name is Spyro, they are Cynder, Jhonny and Sparx. We are sent by the guardians".

"Are you sent by the Guardians?" He seemed calmer now, "I'm sorry, but we don't usually get many visitors here. A cataclysm happened around here a week ago and then ... we can't trust anyone from the outside"

Spyro understood the cause of the cataclysm: it was at the moment when the earth was being torn apart by the destroyer.

"... My name is Flame, by the way" continued the dragon.

"A pleasure" we all said in unison.

"Why the guardians sent you here?"

"The guardians send us because they want to gather a new group of guardians" said Spyro, "Therefore, they have sent messengers to all the places where the dragons hid from the war."

"And what happened to the dark master? Is the war over yet? There will be no more disasters like that cataclysm?"

"He was defeated several days ago, at the same time when the cataclysm happened. Without him, there will be no more disasters I think"

"Uff, what a relief. Well, I guess that means we can go back to where we used to live, right? "

"Absolutely" I said.