Chapter 13: The birth of a new team

The next day, we all got up early. It had been only a couple of hours since he had dawned, gathering all the dragons and taking flight on his way to Warfang. Fortunately, the strong winds were blowing in the right direction, forming perfect wind currents, so we could possibly reach the city in just one day.

When we met Cynder, the four of us had a little conversation.

"I told my mom about what happened to me," she said, "At first, she was very concerned, but then she told me that she really appreciates that I have come back into her life."

"We are very happy about Cynder," said Spyro.

"Yes, family is the best medicine to erase the past" I said.

"What a fancy phrase," said Sparx. The next second, we laugh.

As for the relationship between Ember and Flame, it seemed that now they could call them a couple, because Flame had lost the shyness that characterized him. If they asked me, it reminded me of Spyro and Cynder.

At one point, we were all flying very close to each other.

"When we return, the guardians will announce the tests," Sybilla said.

"Tests?" Spyro asked.

"Yes. For the guardian elections, the dragons are first grouped into teams with the four elements, and then must undergo three tests: skill in teamwork, speed of flight, and strength in combat. "

"Wow, it seems complicated," I said. If I compared it to something from my previous life, it sounded like the school Olympics or something. In any case, I was never victorious in any.

"Did Dad do it that way?" Flame asked.

"Yes. He and the others were named that way "

"I guess now it's up to the hot-head to do it," said Sparx.

"Well, I'm not sure I can hold such an important position," said Flame, "But I'll try anyway"

"That's how you talk hot-head," said Sparx.

"Are you always this annoying?"

"Try ignoring him, it works for me sometimes," Cynder said. And we all laughed.

"And what about you Jhonny, would you like to be the guardian of fire?" Spyro said.

"Me? I don't know Spyro, as you know, I'm not from around here..." I replied.

"Your past has nothing to do with it, only your present and future" said Cynder, "You are very skilled with the fire element."

"Yes, but because I had training...", I didn't want to do it, because I didn't want to make mistakes in the tests.

"We all need training," said Flame, "although they really say that one is born with power within."

"Yes, but I couldn't replace your father's place, Ignitus..."

"We are not asking you to do it" said Sybilla, "No one will ever be able to replace him, but it does not mean that you should be better than him, think only about values ​​that he once defended, and left to the next generation to defend".

"Well then I guess I'll try it too" they finally convinced me.

"That's how you speak newbie!" Sparx said.

"That sounded very brave," said a voice nearby. Edel had flown close to us, along with her best friend Ember, "I will also participate, I want to show my father that I am his worthy successor".

"But you really are... " Cynder said.

"Yes, but I also want to honor what our ice ancestors defended, that's what my mother told me."