Chapter Four : Bargaining

Start from the beginning

   Each destructive act was a breath of fresh air, a cathartic explosion of pent-up pain and anguish that tore through the very soul of his being. The metal walls reverberated with the sound of destruction, a symphony of chaos and devastation that echoed his inner turmoil.

   In that moment, he was a force of nature, a whirlwind of grief and fury that left a trail of ruin in his wake. He was something that he swore would never happen, he in some way was Dan.

   And as the last remnants of the lab fell to its dimise , he stood amongst the wreckage, eyes hollowed, avoid of emotion, a lone figure in a sea of his own destruction, his heart heavy with loss and his spirit consumed by a darkness that threatened his ghost soul.

    He laughed, his laughter echoed through the empty room bouncing off the walls. It sounded strained and wild, filled with manic energy, his body shook with amusement, his eyes filled with tears as he burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter, it didn't last long as fast as it had came it slowly withered away into an eerie silence.His laughter dissolved into  chokeing sobs. His body soon felt too heavy to carry and his legs gave out, slamming into the ground as shards of glass embedded themselves into his skin. However he didn't shout in pain, if anything the pain felt cathartic in a sense. A stream of tears ran down his face, he tried relentlessly to rid their existence but they wouldn't stop coming. He ruined it, he ruined his parents legacy, he had nothing but their memories now. He was all alone.

  " Danny..." Dash called for him as he  enters the room, his eyes widen in astonishment at the sight before him. Danny sat  amongst a pile of shattered glass and metal shards, his body was tense and his expression detached from reality, lost in his own sorrow and grief.

    Danny sat there his eyes distant and lost,  - sadness, guilt, and a hint of resignation. His hands rest on his knees, gripping onto his now tattered and bloody pants.

    The broken glass crunched beneath him as the glass dug deeper into his skin, Danny quickly covered his mouth attempting to hide his cries from dash, the attempt was futile. The strained sobs  echoed throughout the room, a stark contrast to the chaos and destruction that that had unfolded moments before.

    Dash stands frozen in the doorway, his usual bravado and confidence momentarily faltering at the sight.  He watches in silent bewilderment, unsure of how to react or what to say to his friend who is sitting in a pile of glass sobbing.

    As the seconds tick by, the tension in the room mounts, the air heavy with unspoken words and unresolved emotions. Dash's gaze flickers between the broken glass and Danny, a mix of concern and confusion clouding his features as he grapples with the gravity of the situation before him.

    In that moment, as Danny sits there in his own destruction, Dash finally sees the demise of Danny Fenton, how broken he actually is, the weight of his burdens visible in every line of his body, Dash realizes the depth of his friend's struggles and the strength it takes to bear them alone. Dash face softens before the boy and he akes a hesitant step towards Danny. 

    Offering a shoulder to cry on he lifts Danny off the ground, wrapping his arms around the boy as he allows Danny to cry on his chest. The moment however is short lived, a spark catches dash attention.

   " D-Danny." He stutters out with panicked eyes, grabbing a hold of Danny's shoulders, and whips him around, pointing at the hazardous wires flaring in the air.

     In an instant, the portal erupts in a blinding explosion of light and sound, shattering the fragile peace that had settled between Danny and Dash. The force of the blast sends them tumbling to the ground, the room shaking with the intensity of the explosion.

     Amidst the chaos and debris, Danny's instincts kick in, his body moving on pure adrenaline as he shields Dash from the brunt of the blast. His arms wrap protectively around his friend, a shield of ghostly energy forming around them just in time to deflect the worst of the impact.

     As the dust settles and the ringing in their ears fades, Danny and Dash find themselves shaken but miraculously unharmed. Danny's eyes meet Dash's, a silent exchange of relief and gratitude passing between them as they take in the aftermath of the explosion.

     The room is in shambles, the walls scorched and cracked, the portal reduced to smoldering ruins. But amidst the destruction, Danny's mind has flashed back towards the nasty burger incident. He did it again, his own selfish behavior had almost costed another person's life. Lifting the shield Danny began to frantically apologize. " I-I I'm so sorry dash t-this is my fault, I'm so stupid, thinking... NO I wasn't thinking. Oh my God I wasn't thinking, I could have caused the entire block to explode... I.. I so sorry.... D-dash?"

     Dash lays their frozen on the ground, silence fills the air between them before dash looks at Danny, his eyes wide " Y-Your Phantom." Dash mutters appalled by this new discovery.

    " Oh...yeah."

   The ground grumbles one last time. And a second explosion goes off, it happens so fast that Danny doesn't have enough time to react so he shields dash with his body.

   As the aftermath of the explosion settles around them, Danny's body feels heavy with fatigue and the lingering effects of the blast. With a weary groan, he slumps forward, his weight bearing down on Dash as he loses consciousness.

   Dash is caught off guard by the sudden weight of his friend, his arms instinctively wraps around Danny to support his weight. The room is filled with a tense silence, broken only by the sound of their labored breathing and the distant echoes of destruction still ringing in their ears.

    " Danny..." Dash calls out too him with urgency, shaking Danny's  limped body on top of him. When he didn't get a response his heart dropped, feeling around checking for any injuries dash pulled away his hand, a sticky red substance coated his hand, Dash eyes widen at the sight.

     " HELP, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP, FUCK , WE NEED HELP PLEASE...