Chapter One : Denial ( Part One )

Long slim fingers ran a hand through Danny's hair in a soothing manner. Their hovering form was watched over by none other than his nemesis Vlad plamius or better known by all Vlad masters. Masters watched Daniels chest rise and fall repetitively, his breathing was much slower than regular humans as well as his body temperature was much colder. Those were the only things he knew, and it saddened him on how little he knew his nephew. Vlad pulled the blankets over his body. To say Vlad felt remorseful for his actions in the past was an understatement. The guilt was eating at him whole and Vlad didn't know how to rid the feeling.

Instead Vlad thought the feeling would disappear by helping Daniel, He had only hoped Daniel would accept him as his guardian. Danny groaned in his sleep, shifting from one side to the other. Seemingly growing annoyed if the fabric wrapped around him, Daniel peeled open his eyes, expecting to see his ceiling of stars and constellations, and a smirking Sam smiling down at him Instead a smiling Vlad looked down at him.

Yelping in surprise Daniel shoved himself away from the man, in the process he fell on the ground with a harsh thud. Backing himself in the wall Daniel kept a wary eyes on the man.

Vlad on the other hand winced at the harsh fall, he wanted to aid the poor boy but he knew better and stood his distance understanding the situation he was in. " Little badger , please I mean no harm to you, " he said softly, reaching a hesitant arm out to help Daniel, Daniel flinched away pressing his back into the wall. Vlad retracted his hand back to his side in understanding. " I know you must be hurting deeply...all I want to do is help you." His eyes soften at the boys confused stare ' does he not remember what has happened ' Vlad thought.

" What-what are y-you talking about. " he stuttered out, raising an eyebrow at the crazy fruit loop, unable to register what he was going on about. 'Help...help with what?, what's going on.' Danny pondered, looking like a lost puppy. Vlad sighed softly aloud. " Do you not remember." Vlad questioned.

Danny shook his head. " Oh dear..." Vlad exclaimed, he plopped down on the bed with a distressed look, he tapped his finger against his thigh in thought. Feeling conflicted by the matter he didn't know if he should tell Daniel about his family, not well he is in such a fragile condition. Weighing out his options Vlad ran a frustrated hand through his hair. " There is no better way to put this little badger but your family...." He paused momentarily, unable to admit that they were really gone himself " Your family---Your family is gone." He choked out.

Waiting for Dannys reaction he lifted his glaze to meet the young boys. Only for Vlad flinched back in surprise when he met Daniels glaze. Danny's eyes held no reaction, Instead a amused smile was plastered onto his face. Daniel let out loud wholeheartedly laughed that echoed throughout the room sending shivers down Vlads spine.

" Your hilarious you crazy fruit loop. " He said unconvinced. Vlad was at lost for words, " I...I am telling the truth." Vlad tried but Daniel hadn't trust a word he said, bursting into a fit of laughter Daniel proceeded past the shock Vlad. Leaving the man alone in the empty room. Daniel walkedd out the room as he wiped his tears, shaking his head in amusement he made his way down the hall ready to head back to his house.

Right before he left Vlad's mansion he noticed a familiar voice coming from the living room. Curious, danny made his way into the living room, there sat a small box tv displaying his family friends and teacher, and next to their picture was the caption that read in big black letters 'Died in explosion.

Danny stared at the words, taking a moment to register what it said. Realizing vlad hadn't been fooling him his body crumbled onto the ground. His heart began to pound agasint his skin, feeling as if it was trying to burst it's way out of his body. With a shaky hand he gripped at his t-shirt balling the cloth in a ball. His breathing was becoming jagged, he had never felt so out of control before. " P-PLEASE TELL ME...THAT'S-THAT'S FALSED. " he closed his eyes not wanting to let the tears that threaten his eyes to fall.
" Please, please, it's not try tell me it's not true." He begged. unable to hold back his stream of tears, Danny pulled at his hair trying to desperately to distract him from the pain. Tears started to crown his cheek, soaking his pants in the process.

He couldn't take it anymore, he just wanted to die, he hoped he would die in the moment, incapable of breathing he didn't fight the black dots clouding his vision. He just wanted it to be a sick joke, 'why couldn't it just be a sick joke.'

Gasping, Vlad appeared beside Daniel, whispering numbers into Daniels ears as he rub small circles on the back of Danny. The feeling felt soothing, taking his focus off his loss of air Danny started to regain a steady breathing. Focusing on Vlads soothing voice whispering numbers too him as he encouraged him to count. " Come on Little badger, all you have to do is count too 10."

" Th-they aren't gone Vlad." He turned towards vlad, looking the man in his eyes he saw Dannys hopeful eyes, wanting to hear ' they are still alive.'

" I'm sorry Daniel but they are." Vlad said instead.

Danny shook his head " You're a liar, everyone is playing a prank they aren't gone." He growled slapping away Vlads hand. He sprung up onto his feet, Vlads warmth no longer there too soothed him. He peered down at Vlad and shook his head " They are alive." He declared, storming out the mansion.

Vlad sat there in uttered shock, frozen like a statue, in a sad attempted to run after him he lifted his body up but his attempts were futile. Falling back onto the ground Vlad laid there in defeat. Letting the tears Cascaded down his cheek as soft sobs ripped from his throat.

He failed, he failed everyone, he failed his friend, he failed his true love.

His heart throbbed in pain.

" I'm sorry."

•-------------------------------------------•

Danny ran, he ran till he legs ached and blisteres were starting to form on his bare feet. He ran till droplets of water were hitting against his skin harshly. He didn't stop till his body was ready to give out. Nothing occupied his thoughts, no emotion, nothing, it was as if he was running on auto pilot.

Stopping in front of a random house in amity park danny dropped to the ground, tears threatening to fall again, hugging his legs closely to his chest he buried his face in the pocket of his legs.

Unable to move Danny sat there in exhaustion. The rain soaking him head too toe, till his clothing was stuck to his body. He didn't care though, he didn't care if he died...again, he didn't care if he dropped dead right here, all that mattered was his family, Sam and tucker. He just couldn't accept that they were dead, ' they have to be alive.'

Danny laid down on the concrete floor, curling into a tiny ball, letting the exhaustion take over, his eyes fluttered closed.

-------------
Holy fuck finally I got the first chapter this book has been plaguing me to finish and finally I will be able too. Anyways I hope y'all enjoy im working on part two hopeful.....hopeful it is done quickly. Thanks y'all for being really patient with this ✌