The Night - Part Two

Beginne am Anfang

Eeshwar: I also have so many things for you... Let's don't waste time... Come...

He dragged her chair and made her sit on it like a gentleman. He sat opposite to her. The table was filled with her favourite dishes.

Prerna: When did you notice all my favorite things???

Eeshwar: Is it something to be noted??? We are living together for four years.. I know your likes and dislikes...

She was again touched.. she took a long breath to control her tears..

Eeshwar: Sweetie, are you okay???

Prerna: Yes yes...

Eeshwar: Idhe solla marandhuten paaru....

These are yours....

He placed a diary and keychain on table, and pushed them towards her.

She took the diary and opened it. Her fingers started trembling and she let go off that diary to the floor. The contents fell down. It contained a sticked picture of her with her parents before divorce. It was the last memory she had of her family. Originally she only had one half. She was shocked to find the other half sticked.

Prerna: How did??? How did you find that???

Eeshwar: I was trying to find your father from a very long time. When I saw that picture in your diary and the lines you wrote on them, I wanted to give back your family to you.

But with the development at your mother's end, I was not able to bring your family together. I found your father sick an year back. He didn't want to show his face to you due to guilty. But he was ready to give his half of that photo. So I sticked it and brought it to you.

Prerna didn't have any words. She cried uncontrollably.

Eeshwar came next to her. She stood up and tried to leave. He held her hand...

Prerna: Leave me, Eeshwar... I don't deserve you...

Eeshwar: I cannot do that... You know me...

She plopped to the floor.

Prerna: You are doing so many things for me... Still I carried doubts in my mind...

I'm gonna tell you everything... I made up my mind... I will tell you..

2 years back, when the tabloids published a rumor about you fathering a child abroad, I was hurt in the beginning. I didn't believe it. I was not even bothered by it until recently.

You did not give me any explanation when you came back. They also published your photographs in the hospital. You stayed mum throughout the ordeal. I was not able to figure out the things happening.

But I know you wouldn't do something like that to me. I consoled my heart with that thought and never asked you anything about it.

After Suhasini's return, when I came to know that you hid her condition from me, all my insecurities started kicking in. I was not able to differentiate between rights and wrongs.