"About where Enid was?" I nod.

    "Carl and I got a little ahead of ourselves because we started trying to devise a plan for us to go out there and get her, even though we knew about the walkers. We tried to get Ron in on it, but he refused to. Rick, I can't believe how little he cares about her. He wanted to just let it go because, according to him, he had told her to stop going out before and it was her fault she was in that problem to begin with. Then, he started accusing Carl of things." I leave out what those "things" are because Rick hasn't exactly found out about whatever is going on between Carl and I. I don't know if Carl wants him to know yet, either, so I'm not going to be the one to tell him. "After that, they started to kind of get into a fight."

    "A fight?" Rick asks worriedly.

    "Don't worry. It wasn't really a fight. It was more of just an argument. The shoved each other once or twice. I tried to break it up, but it didn't work. When Carl and I were about to leave, Ron threatened to tell you about our plan. We didn't go out Rick. Carl and I decided not to because we knew the risks, but Enid is still out there."

    Getting everything off my chest feels good. I hadn't realized how badly it was all weighing down on me until I was relieved of it all. Rick nods along to what I say, trying to assess it all. "I don't trust Ron, but I trust you." He pauses. "Thank you for tellin' me everything."
    "Do you really think they're just gonna leave? The walkers, I mean." Rick looks at me, his icy eyes piercing the air between us.

    "I do. I really do." He dips his head, staring at his worn boots. "I also think that it'd be better if we had the others back. They could help us."

    "I'm worried, not just about the others, but about the walkers. I know these walls are strong, but how strong?"

    "They're strong enough," Rick says. 

    "What if they don't go away? What if we stay around here and we starve or something? The people in here, besides us, aren't used to living like that. They probably don't know what it's like to skip a meal. I know we could hold out a little longer, but they won't. What will we do then?"

    "We'll deal with those problems as they come. For now, we have to stay strong. Got it?" I nod. "This isn't at all how I planned any of it to go, but it's how it's going now. We just have to play the rest by ear."

    "Okay."

    "Everything else okay?"

    "Yeah, actually."

    "Good. I should probably go back to the wall now if everything else is fine." He gives me a hug before I walk inside and find Carl still in his room. 

    "I told your dad everything. Ron was trying to get us in trouble."

    "Everything worked out?" I nod, dropping onto the bed beside him.

    "Until those walkers leave, it's gonna be a long next few days," I sigh, setting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

I wake up, feeling groggy for just a moment before throwing on a fresh pair of jeans, a T-shirt, and a flannel. I don't brush my hair out, letting my natural curls twirl over my shoulders. The last thing I want to do today is help Rick with the weapon training for Ron, but I know it's going to happen either way. Anyways, I think it'd be best if Carl and I went along. I want to see how this whole thing plays out today.

    I meet Carl and Rick in the kitchen, grabbing a granola bar off the counter and a handful of raisins from a bag in the cupboard. "Are we going now?" I ask Rick, popping some of the raisins in my mouth.