Chapter 6

Three weeks had passed since Loki had cast his spell, and he hadn't undone it yet. First, he needed to know if it worked. He had made sure that every evening -and some mornings too- of those three weeks Thor made love to him at least once. It wasn't a difficult task, however, he was exhausted.

Their wedding was taking place a week from that day, and as he had predicted, the council didn't like it. They wouldn't say anything to Thor -they knew that if they dared to say something, their lives were at risk- but there were subtleties everywhere which Loki surely caught up. There was nothing they could do, nonetheless. Everything was set in motion.

Loki sighed, before walking quickly down the corridors that led to the throne room. He knew for sure Thor was there since he was having a meeting with his council. Thor wanted to take some days off after their wedding, so he needed to tell the council what they should do. Loki would be the one following in the line of command, but of course, he wasn't available either.

Loki entered the room without asking for permission to do so since he didn't need it. He nodded to acknowledge all the people belonging to the council, but he didn't stop until he was standing next to the throne, where Thor was sitting. The blond watched him with amazement and a sweet smile on his lips.

I wish to see that same smile upon my return...Loki thought while putting his hand on one of Thor's shoulders.

"I need to speak to you privately. Now." he said, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Do you need to discuss your wedding dress?" asked Volstagg laughing. Thor just smiled, because he knew that his friend didn't mean to insult any of them. Loki knew it too, but his nerves were on edge. Thus, he turned his gaze to the red-haired warrior with a mischievous smile.

"Yes, Volstagg. In fact, we cannot find a dress which suits you." Loki answered him while taking Thor's free hand to make him stand up. The blond did and followed him to a private room next to the throne room, laughing hard at the look on Volstagg face.

"What's the matter, my love?" the king asked Loki once they were alone. The god of mischief sighed.

"I need to go to Vanaheim. There is a sorceress there, who Mother used to talk to me about, and I need to see her urgently." Thor was in shock and undoubtedly hurt.

"Loki, our wedding is in a week. Can't you go after we get married?" his voice was shaking. Loki put his hands on both of his cheeks, caressing him, trying to soothe him.

"No, I need to go before the wedding. But don't worry, it'll only take a couple of days. I will be back before you know it." he tried to speak sweetly as Thor speaks to him when he is insecure, but he didn't know if he had succeeded or not.

"Brother, if you want to cancel our wedding you just need to tell me..." Thor's blue eyes were so hurt that Loki felt that same hurt inside.

"Listen to me. We are getting married. We are going to spend the rest of our lives together. I will come back, I swear. Please, brother, trust me. I beg you." Loki was starting to let his desperation show.

"But, you don't beg..." said Thor, confused.

"I know. But I'm doing it now. I beg you to trust me. I will be back before the wedding. This has nothing to do with that. Please, trust me."

"Alright, I think. Be safe, please. And come back to me. I love you, Loki."

"I'll always come back to you." he answered, imitating the same answer Thor had given him a long time ago.

They shared a sweet kiss and both of them were reluctant to let the other go. However, Loki knew it was necessary. He took a last glance at the owner of his black heart before disappearing.