Chapter 13 - Messed Up

AN: Happy New Year Peeps! Really sorry about the late posting... I'm gonna start a posting schedule now... So... every Sunday you'll have an update!

Anyway... Double posting coming up to make up for this! Slight self-loathing ahead...

DPOV:

Calling the love of my life his toy, his pet was maybe the worst feeling I had experienced in more than 140 years. The words left a bitter taste in my mouth. But I had to do it. If she could move on, leave and be with Klaus of all people, then I would move on too.

I never did stop loving her. Though I realised the fact too late to possibly apologize. There was not one day that went by when I regretted our fight. Calling her attention-seeking, filthy, pathetic, wh- I swallowed. I told her to die! Why did I ever do that?

I shuddered. I couldn't believe I ever said such hateful things to her. I can't even blame it all on Katherine's compulsion. After all, I was saying almost the same things without the bitch's influence. Just under the influence of my own jealousy.

I saw when I said the wrong things because Klaus looked around to see if anyone was watching us and then grabbed my neck, dragging me to an alley behind the Grill.

And then he revealed that Isabella, my Iza - a small part of my brain denied her belonging to me - was their youngest sister. Sister! Shit! I messed up. Again. And this time I did not have much hope for forgiveness from either her or her family.

She was their youngest. The baby of the family. And as much as I hated Klaus, the one quality that I respected in him was that he put family above anything else. And I could see that if someone threatened any of his siblings, he would put Iza above everyone else. In this case, I had broken her heart. I messed up so badly this time. I could see the pain in her eyes. Her broken face from our fight kept repeating itself behind my eyes.

But then I remembered that the only reason I was still alive was because Elijah and Klaus said that she still cared for me. Could it possibly mean that I still had a chance to fix this mess I created?

I wanted- no needed- just one chance to make things right between us. Just one more chance with my Iza, to show her that I was sorry. To show her that I still loved her and would continue doing so. To never see her walk away from me again.

I hadn't realised that after Klaus released me, I already had a drink in hand, or the fact that I was now in the boarding house. It hadn't even registered that my dear little brother and his scooby gang were looking at me as if I had lost my head.

Stefan cleared his throat and my eyes snapped to his. He pointed at my neck and asked, "Do you need anything for the marks? I see you can't help yourself when it comes to picking fights with stronger people, Damon." His tone turned from worried to condescending by the end of his mini speech.

This was the first time when I wasn't very irritated with him. I couldn't bring myself to. I was still processing Iza being alive and an Original.

"She's still al-alive.", my voice broke at the end. An initial look of confusion passed over Stefan's face before understanding and concern dawned.

"How? I thought she was human?"

I shook my head.

"Apparently not. I messed up big time. I- She- she wouldn't even bother looking at me too long. He- Klaus, he's her brother. She's the baby of the family. This time, I don't think I'll be able to fix it this time. I- I can't do this. Stefan."

A sudden realisation dawned on me.

"You- you know how to be all lovey-dovey, don't you? I- I need your help, Stefan. I'll- I'll stop with the whole ruining your life thing. Just- please help me. Bring her back to me. I can't live without her again. It can't happen again-"

Stefan stopped me from saying anything more. I hadn't realised that I was now on my knees. I felt no embarrassment though. I'd beg him if he'd agree to help me then. I would do anything to get her back. Anything.

Stefan brought me out of my internal turmoil by putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I- I will help you, Damon. You forget that you weren't the only one who lost her that day. She was my sister, Damon. She will always be."

I had truly forgotten about that. Iza and Stefan were close. It was like she'd taken him under her wing.

A throat clearing reminded us that we weren't alone in the room. It was Little-Miss-Doppelganger. Honestly? What did Stefan see in her? I remember him eyeing Rebekah back when we were human,

"What is going on here?", she asked with an eyebrow raised.

"You better not get in the middle of this Elena.", surprisingly it was Barbie who spoke. A little tendril of respect for her blossomed in me.

"You should listen to her, Elena. This is not a matter you can get into. It will not turn out well for you.", Stefan advised.

But the she-devil did not like that and opened her mouth to utter some more bullshit but before she could, I smashed my glass in the fire. That shut her up.

"Listen here. I may have been a little lenient with you. But my patience is wearing thin. It is best you stay out of it Doppelganger. It is not a matter you should meddle with. Nor should any of you, save for Stefan and Caroline."

Caroline looked taken aback when I said her name and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't so bad.

The she-devil looked taken aback because I called her doppelganger. Honestly, what did she expect from me. I raised my eyebrows at her. Daing her to challenge me when the odds were clearly against her. At that time I saw Judgy looking very solemn and quiet. I had expected her to come to her precious friend's defence when I said something bad to her.

I looked at her. Waiting. Expecting her to attack. When she felt my stare on her, she turned, looked at me and shrugged. Huh. I think Elena was truly alone on this one.

I looked around one last time, exchanging meaningful looks with Stefan and then disappeared into my room.

I needed a plan to get Iza to at least look at me. Give me one chance to at least talk to her.

...So? How was it? How did you like Damon's reaction? Were you expecting the minor breakdown? Yeah I decided on Stefan x Rebekah pairing for this. Also if you have any requests on any character's POV, lemme know in the comments.

See ya soon!

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fav!

Love,

D.