Chapter 9 - Mystic Falls, Finally!

AN: Apologies! I just realised that I had not published this chapter and it was sitting in my drafts.... Oops... Mikaelson Mansion above^

Without further ado.....

Enjoy!

BPOV:

It's been a week since the whole family came to Forks. Now I am just tying up all the loose ends and packing up so that I can leave with them as soon as possible.

During the whole week, Alice and Edward have been trying to get me to leave my family and go with them instead. I know I am supposed to have infinite patience, what with dealing with my unpredictable siblings, but they were really testing me now. I fear I may snap and behead both of them if they pester me one more time.

Seeing my distress, Nik placed a hand on my shoulder and said, "Do not fret, love. I will make sure they do not disturb you anymore."

And he did. Anyway, today is the last day of us staying in Forks. I am going to miss living with Charlie. Maybe I'll do it again in a few centuries. We leave at dawn to go to Mystic Falls, our home. Home. That word sounds so foreign yet comforting after such a long time. With that thought, I let sleep envelope me.

~**~

Finally! We reached Mystic Falls the next day. Nik really outdid himself this time. He built a beautiful mansion for all of us in Mystic Falls. Father told Beks and me to pick our rooms first, but Beks asked me to pick mine first. Now I can have whichever room I want. I am after all the baby of the family. I chose a bedroom with a bay window. It was quite luxurious, yet simple.

(AN: Bella's room ^)

Oh, if Henri was here right now... He'd complain to Nik that it was unfair how I got to choose first. He'd pout but not really be upset about it... I miss him so much.

I was sitting in front of my bay window and thinking about Henrik when someone knocked on my door. I turned around to see Father standing at my door.

"Are you alright, love?"

"Father! Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You are crying my Bella... What made you so upset?"

I touched my cheek to see that there was indeed moisture from my tears. I hadn't noticed I was crying.

"It's nothing, Father. I was just thinking about Henri. He'd be so happy that everyone is together now. At least most of us."

Father came in and hugged me. Now the tears were flowing freely.

"We miss him too, my little swan. I know I cannot begin to understand how much it has pained you, living without your twin. But, there is not much we can do now, except remembering him. Keep his memories alive and be happy, live our lives..."

There was a commotion in the doorway and we turned to see all my siblings there.

Nik was in the front with tears in his eyes.

"It wasn't your fault, Nik.", I said to him.

"How was it not, love? I took him out of the caves that night. I should have been able to stop him, knowing it was dangerous to go out that night-"

"He would have gone alone, Niklaus. You know that as well as we do. Isabella and Henrik were always the most stubborn pair. We do not blame you."

At Father's words, Nik glanced at us and I held out my arms, indicating I wanted a hug from him. It then turned into a family hug. I felt content, at peace at that moment. It had been a century since we all were here, as a family.

~**~

I wanted to explore the town a bit. See what it was like after we left and how much has changed since, but Nik and Lijah both stopped me. They said that Nik had created many enemies and they wanted to go with Father to check it out first. At first I was suspicious but looking at Nik's pleading eyes, I gave in and let them go, making them promise to let me go out from tomorrow.

I stayed home with Ollie and Beks waiting for them to come back, but couldn't wait up any longer. I was tired from the journey and so, I took a blood bag to my room and succumbed to sleep later.

AN: Sorry for the late update and short chapter...

Don't forget to Vote, Fan, and Comment

Lots of love

D