thirty seven

Despite it being morning, neither the Emperor or the Empress had slept since their return from the borders. Rather, they had been kept awake by each others' presence, not wanting to waste time with each other.

Jangmi sat awkwardly on the soft bed, as her husband cleansed himself, ridding himself of the dirt and blood that continued to stain his milky skin. 

They had kissed.

The girl still couldn't quite believe the action, initiated by the Emperor.

The warm feeling of his soft lips on hers, guiding her refused to leave her mind, and the Choi girl blushed at the thought of wanting that feeling again.

The door opened, revealing Min Yoongi in his nightgown, his dark locks wet from taking a shower. 

Jangmi lowered her eyes, convinced that her face resembled that of a strawberry. She could practically feel her neck heating up from just the sight of him.

Yoongi of course noticed his wife's obvious shyness, and as his back faced her, he smirked. 

Taking a seat besides the Empress, he looked at her, admiring her features, before his head lay upon her lap, almost like a cat waiting to be loved.

The girl's eyes widened at the actions, a flush crawling up her cheeks once more, and now she was sure that her face was on fire.

Tentatively, she brought a hand towards his hair, before playing with it, taking small sections and braiding them before undoing them. She could feel the man's relaxed stance, almost purring at the action.

"You are to sleep here from now on," He mumbled, sleepily. "I'm not letting you sleep on your own,"

"But I would be a nuisance to- "

"You are not a nuisance," Yoongi lifted himself from his wife's lap, pulling her towards him, and the girl wondered where the man who had at one point refused to look her in the eye had gone.

"Now, sleep," He insisted, as the two lay side by side, his arm draped over her waist, her chin nestled on his chest.

His nose nuzzled into her shoulder.

"I'm glad we found you," He whispered softly.

"I don't know what I'd do without you,"