Chapter 8

"I'm back", Fru-Fru said as she came in the door. She looked around. "Wait, wasn't there a another one of you ghouls", she asked. "Yeah, she's outside trying to make a call", Frankie said. "Crap, we gotta go find her", she said as she lit a torch. "It's way too dangerous for someone to be out there by themselves". "Don't worry ghouls, I'll stay here and keep watch", I said. "Thanks Clawdeen", Lagoona said as my friends went to go find Draculaura.

As I stood outside waiting for my friends to return, I felt as if something was watching me. I ignored it, until I saw blue eyes watching me. Then whatever it was stepped out of the shadows and said,"well, well, well, what do we have here". It then froze almost as if it recognized me. At which point I got a good look at it, it was a werecat with peach skin, black hair with a streak of red, wait a minute. "Do I know you", he said. I knew this cat, so I said to him, "Zeather, Zeather Panthera". He then realized something. "Wait a minute", he said. "Clawdeen", he responded. "Yes it's me", I said to him. "Oh my, get over here you", he said in excitement. We ran up to each other and hugged. "Clawdeen", Zeather said to me. "I'm sorry if I'm overreacting it's just, I haven't seen you in so long". "No, your fine", I told him. "Besides I've missed you dearly". "Why didn't you answer my calls", I asked him. "Because I've been stuck here without my phone", he answered. "Wait you've been stuck here too", I asked him. "Yeah, though I suppose everything worked out in the end", he told me. "Yeah", I responded. "Say, are you the only one out here", he asked. "No, and if anything, you actually helped me to get to where I am now", I told him. "I've made lots of friends sense you left, and many of them are here with me". "Well look at you, moving on with your life", he said. He looked to the side. "Say, why don't I show you around", he asked. "Well I was supposed to be guarding this house and", Zeather interrupted. "You have nothing to worry about, I've got some folks who could watch over the place for you", he told me. I thought about it for a second. "Your lucky to hold one of the brightest places in my heart", I told him as I took his hand.

Draculaura was trying to find a place where she could get a signal on her phone, until she stepped into something wet. She looked down and saw swampy water, and then, heard a hiss. She looked up and saw something. It was wrapped around a tree and could be seen clearly. It had a snake like body, with a spear like spike coming out of it's tail. A thick rounded head with ten eyes (five on each side) and curved, sharp teeth. And was looking right at her. It snapped at her, and she fell down in surprise. It then unwrapped itself from the tree and fell to the swampy ground. It rose over and lunged. She got up and ran for her life. The creature slithered after her. "Draculaura, over here", Frankie yelled to her as Draculaura turned a corner. "Woah", Lagoona commented as they saw what was behind her. As she got to the group, the creature coiled it's body like a snake and hissed at them. "Hey, hey", Fru-Fru said as she walked up to the creature holding a torch. She waved it in front of the creatures face and it retreated back into the woods. "Hold on, hold on", said Cleo. "It was that easy"? "Fire is a major weakness of theirs", Fru-Fru told her. "And they know it, so they ovid it at all costs". "Fair enough", Cleo replied. "What even was that", Frankie asked. "Animalistic Leshmainia", she replied. "A unknown type of parasitic creature", she explained as they started to head back.

Meanwhile I was watching as the sky turned red, as the sun set. "Zeather, why does the sky do that", I asked him. "No one knows, but I think it's beautiful none the less", he replied. Meanwhile I decided to ask him about something that was on my mind. "Zeather, I've been thinking", I started. "You mind if we get back together", I asked him. "Hmm", he said. "Clawdeen and me, k, I, s, s, I, n, g, you and me up here in a tree". "Your still the jokester I remember", I replied. "If we can get off this island then of course", he replied.

My friends in the meantime were heading back to Fru-Fru's home when she gasped. "What", Frankie asked her. "Them", Fru-Fru replied pointing at her home. They looked up and saw what looked like humanoid hyenas with what looked like spears. "Are those werehyenas", Draculaura asked. "Yeah", Fru-Fru replied. She grabbed her torch and stepped up to them. "You two", she said, waving her torch at them. "Get out". "Sorry Fru-Fru", one of them replied. "King Zeathers orders". All of a sudden Fru-Fru froze and nearly dropped her torch when she heard that. "But Zeathers dead", she replied. "False", one of the werehyenas informed her. "When", she asked. "As of here recently", one of them told her. "He recently reawoke and asked us to guard this place for him and this, werewolf girl". "Clawdeen", whispered Frankie. "And if anything your just lucky we were only asked to guard this place instead of burn it to the ground or kill you". "Well go tell him then, because your not needed here anymore", she told them. "Alright then", one of them answered. "We'll do just that, and let him know". And with that the two werehyenas walked away.

Meanwhile I was having the time of my life, a humanoid hyena walked up to us. "My majesty, we need to talk", he said. "Is this urgent", Zeather asked. "Yes sir", the hyena responded. "Hey Clawdeen, you mind heading back", he asked. "You'll meet me back at the house right", I asked. "Of course", he said as we part.

"Now what do you want", Zeather asked the hyena. "Sir you know the house we were asked to guard", he asked. "Yeah", he asked. "Well, it's Fru-Fru's home", said the hyena. "What", replied Zeather. "Yeah, we were surprised too, but ah", he stuttered. "Would you like us to lunch an attack", asked the hyena. "No", replied Zeather. "I will deal with this matter myself", he replied.

I soon returned to the house and went back inside. "Clawdeen", Draculaura yelled as she ran over and hugged me. "Where have you been", Fru-Fru asked. "Out in the woods, meeting with a good friend who's on the island", I responded. "Friend", asked Frankie. "Did this friend go by the name of Zeather Panthera", Fru-Fru asked which shocked me. "How do you know his name", I asked. "Clawdeen", asked Frankie. "Who is this Zeather". "An old friend from middle school", I told her. "Oh no", stuttered Fru-Fru. "What's wrong", Lagoona asked as we ran to the door. That's when we saw it. It had bright blue eyes that were literally glowing in the darkness. It was low to the ground and had a cat like stance. It then hissed at us as it ran towards the door. Fru-Fru shut the door and it began pushing and scratching the door to get in. "Someone help", Fru-Fru said as she struggled against the growling beast. "I'm here", I said as pushed on the door. Then suddenly the scratching and pushing stopped, and something said, "oh I see how it is Clawdeen Wolf". Then it appeared to run away. Then it burst through the door, breaking it to pieces. At which point I got a good look at it, and was shocked to see that it was Zeather. Who replied with a, "knock knock". He looked around, before his eyes landed on Fru-Fru. "Do I know you from anywhere", he said as he struck a thinking pose. "Oh nevermind that", he replied. "I know that face from anywhere". "AKA the one who's parents I slaughtered". "Zeather", I said to him. "And of course, my old ghoul friend, Clawdeen Wolf" he responded. "Ghoul friend", Frankie asked. "Yeah, meaning I'm guessing that Clawdeen never told you about me", he responded. " No matter", he said. "You'll know me good enough when you see me slaughter Fru-Fru". "Zeather, what are you talking about", I asked. "I frankly don't think you want to know", he replied. Then Fru-Fru bushed a dresser on to Zeather. "Run", she yelled. Zeather now easily bushing the dresser off him received a whack to the face by Cleo, as she hit him in the eyes with her perfume. "Uh, uh, I can't see, I can't see", Zeather screamed out blinded. At which point we were out the door and running through the woods. Me and Fru-Fru going one way, Draculaura and Frankie Stein going another, and Cleo and Lagoona going another.

Eventually me and and Fru-Fru found a cave with a car embedded in the side of it and stepped inside to catch our breath. "Why", Fru-Fru asked. "Why did you lead Zeather back to me". "Because he was once, what you would call a boyfriend to me", I told her. "The moment I saw him I wanted to spend some time with him again after so long". "But I didn't know what he had become". "Then I forgive you", she replied. "Because I get it". "Heck, if I saw someone I once knew I would want to see how their doing". "Thank you for understanding", I told her. "Your welcome", Fru-Fru replied. "Okay, we gotta go find the others", Fru-Fru said as she tried to light a torch. Then I had to catch the torch when she dropped it, as she was startled by a growl at the cave entrance. It was Zeather. "Gotcha now", he said. Then he saw me. "Step aside Clawdeen", he told me. "No", I told him. Then I saw that the metal from the car was visible inside the cave, so I held the torch up to it and drug my nails along the metal. And sure enough one lucky spark ignited the end of the torch, lighting it. Zeather got on all fours and hissed. Then I moved closer to him waving the torch in front of his face until I pushed him out of cave. "Clawdeen", he yelled. "Get out of the way"! "No Zeather", I yelled back at him. "I don't know what you've become, or why you want Fru-Fru dead, but she's now my friend, so I'm going to make sure she's safe from everything on this island, including you"! He growled at me in response. "Well then, don't expect any peaceful meetings between you and me", he yelled. Then before walking away, he said, "I will taste your blood, Clawdeen Wolf".