Chapter 5 ➼︎ Artistic Attempts!

Start from the beginning

She salutes me then says "God speed" she teases. We laugh. I feel a bit better.

Then I make my way over to Laurie's home. I knock on the door. His grandfather answers it.

•✿︎︎•

"Why hello Miss March" he greets me warmly. He had kind warm eyes a cheerful smile.

"Hello sir, I come over to formerly request that you and Laurie are invited to go to Amy's going away party tomorrow. She requests you both there. She is heading back to Europe with my aunt. To study art" I explain.

"You wish to talk to the boy?" he jokes. I am blushing.

"Yes please" I add.

"He is in the den with tbe books" he tells me.

"Thank you" I say. I head on my way to see Laurie. Butterflies jumble about in my stomach.

I see Laurie pretending to read a book as he looks out the window. Over where my house was. I wondered if he had saw me outside talking to Jo before I came. 

"Mr. Laurence" I speak up as I hold my hands together.

He jumps when he spots me there. He had dark circles under his eyes. Had he been crying? Over Jo?

"Miss March. I never expected to see you return here" he softly remarks. "not after the things I said"

"I am here on behalf of Amy" I say.

"I see but not on behalf of you then?" he jokes.

"Amy is having a going away party tomorrow. She is leaving for sometime. She wants you to attend. It would mean the world to her if you came. She did not ask me to ask you" I inform him. "everyone would like to see you there"

"Everyone?" he asks. "even you?" His eyes rest on me. I am blushing. I can feel the heat in my cheekbones.

"Everyone" I simply say back.

"Can you accept my apologies for how I behaved before Miss March?" he softly asks me. "I was hurting. And I need not take that out on you"

"I understand Mr. Laurence. I accept your apology" I answer him formerly.

"But we are back to Mr. Laurence now?" he jokes. 

"Laurie" I sigh. 

"That is better" he laughs. I smile at last. He smiles back at me.

"Amy is leaving us. Jo to. Hannah told me. That leaves you and I. And well Meg" he remarks.

"Indeed it does" I agree. I nod.

"That might work out for the best Miss March" he says.

"Only Miss March?" I tease.

"Fiona" he chuckles.

I grin. We smile at one another. 

"Tell Amy I shall be at her party at her request. What time is the party?" he wonders.

"Oh, about noon. Lunch party" I answer.

"Very well grandfather and I will be there" he offers.

I was pleased. He smiles. 

"See you tomorrow. Laurie" I say as I rush out of there. My heart skips a beat. That went well after all.

I rush back home. Laurie was kind after all. I feel a bit better about it all. Jo was waiting for me outside when I get back home.

•✿︎︎•

"What did he say?" she demands to know.

"He said he would be there. For Amy" I add.

"I knew he would not let us down. Our Teddy never does" brags Jo as she smiles brightly.

Our Teddy? Or her Teddy. My heart sinks. I had to remember Jo had been his friend first. They were best friends. I was nothing to Laurie. Nothing more nothing less.

"What did I say?" worries Jo.

I shake my head. "Nothing at all. Let's go tell Amy the good news about Laurie"

She laughs then nods. She follows me into the house. The party was going to be very fun. Maybe I could talk to Meg about helping me find a suitor.

I would be the next March girl to marry off. Before Jo or Amy did. I had to start courting if I wanted to be married off. Then I could get my money and help the March's as I planned to.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|