Chapter 74: Curse of the Djinn.

Start from the beginning

Jacob looked at his scars. "Well, it's not as bad as the one guy back in St. Mungo's." He said. "But you should still take it easy. And see if Chiara can treat that wound." 

That was when the carriage began to shake. "Barnaby!" Ethan shouted. 

"That wasn't me." Barnaby informed. 

Rath opened the door and saw Magi on brooms and other carriages and they were coming in their direction. "We've got company!" She yelled. 

Ethan got up and gripped his wand. "Let's shake them off!" He declared. 

"Ethan are you crazy?" Lizzie asked. "You're hurt!" 

"I'm fine. I can fight." Ethan replied. 

"Stay in here. I'll handle this." Jacob sat his brother down and got on top of the carriage. 

Rath also got on top of the carriage as well. "Woah." She got her balance. "Just like riding a broom." She told herself. 

"Yeah. Except there aren't people that are trying to kill us." Jacob pointed out. 

"I don't know. I think the Slytherins play like they want to kill." Rath replied. She took out her wand and her beater stick. "Let's shake them lose." 

"Got it." Jacob shot a fire ball at one of the Magi on the brooms. "Barnaby! More gas!" He yelled. 

"Jacob. There's a lady present." Barnaby said. 

"You know what I- oh what am I thinking? Just go faster!" Jacob had to catch himself remembering that Barnaby wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

"That I can do!" Barnaby moved faster making a tight left turn. 

"Well, that's making an illegal left." Rath commented. "Bombarda!" She shot the spell at one of the wheels off one of the carriages. "Accio!" She then grabbed the broken wheel with her wand making the carriage spin out of control and exploding.  

"Jacob! Catch!" She then tossed the wheel over to Jacob. 

"What do I do with this?" Jacob asked. 

"Anything!" Rath answered shooting some wind spells trying to knock the Magi off their brooms.

That's when Jacob got an idea. He then dismantled the wheel and threw the debris at some of the walls of homes making some rubble fall on the Magi on Brooms and trapping some of the other carriages. But more carriages were coming through. 

Ethan could see out of the back window. "There persistent aren't they?" He asked. 

Hakeem scooted him aside. "I want to look." He said. 

Ethan got out of his way to show him. "What do we do?" Hakeem asked. 

"Keep driving." Ethan answered. 

"That's it?" Hakeem asked.

"The kid doesn't get out much, doesn't he?" Ethan thought. 

"Barnaby. They just keep coming." Rath called out to him. 

"Well, tell them to stop!" Barnaby yelled. "Can you guys stop?!" He asked back of him. 

That was when more carriages came down more streets. "I think that's a no." Ethan called. 

"That is a definite no." Rath corrected. "Stupid dress." She grunted. "No offense, Lizzie. It's just hard to fight in this." 

"None taken." Lizzie replied. She looked outside and made an Icicle and shot it at the carriages. But they Magi had just turned it to water.