Chapter XXX

Not long passed before Briella and Ryan decided that it was time to head back home.

Just like that one day, where they went to the park together, they both took a bus back home. That was after Briella convinced Ryan that it was too late to walk back, by the countryside.

They both took their seats on the bus and seconds later, the bus began its way to Ryan's and Briella's stop.

"So, how was it? I hope you enjoyed your evening," Ryan inquired.

At first, Briella nodded. "Yes... yes I did, very much.". Then, turning around and facing Ryan - who was sat beside her - she went on to ask, "and you?".

At first, a smile developed on his lips. Then, he cleared his throat. "Yes. I enjoyed this evening very much too. I-I got to finally confess to this one very beautiful girl that I love her.".

With a smile of contentment, a smile of happiness, she - gently - rested her head on Ryan's arm. At first, her action surprised him, but it didn't fail to return a smile to his lips. With that, slowly, he lifted his arm before wrapping it around her, embracing Briella as she laid against him.

---------

Minutes passed before the bus slowed down at stopped at their stop. With that, both Briella and Ryan got their belongings before disembarking the bus.

The doors of the bus closed before it drove off and with that, they both began their way home through the small street.

No words were exchanged between the two for most of the walk, that was until Ryan didn't clear his throat.

"Hey, Briella?..." he began.

Briella turned her head and steered her eyes towards Ryan. "Yes? Is everything okay?".

"Well... I just wanted to apologise.".

Briella furrowed her brows in confusion. "W-why are you apologising for?".

"For the kiss... thinking over it now, it may have seemed a bit too... a bit too forward..." he replied.

But, Ryan's words caused a small smirk to grow on Briella's lips. "No, it's... it's fine. There is no need to apologise, Ryan.".

"B-but... this was your first kiss. Y-your first kiss should have been like something unforgettable...". A brief pause. "I'm sorry... I just couldn't have contained myself," Ryan admitted.

His words left Briella surprised. Her eyes widened ever so slightly as she looked back down at the ground. 'L-like something unforgettable?' she repeated his words in her head.

Then, once again, another small smile appeared on her lips as her gaze went back to Ryan. "But..." she began, grabbing his attention. He replied by looking back at her, only for their gazes to meet. "But... it did feel unforgettable.".

It was those words of her that caused Ryan to freeze. He looked at her. "I-it did?".

Briella nodded, crossing her brows at the fact that he even had to ask. "Yes!". Then she went on to say, "The evening was filled with many beautiful things. From the pretty cherry trees and their petals to the fireworks, and even to the atmosphere from the festival, they all made the kiss that we shared, my first kiss, unforgettable.". She paused for a second. "And also... the fact that you are a good kisser will help me remember this day for the rest of my life...". With these words, she felt her cheeks heat up. She blushed.

Seeing the effect her own words had on her, Ryan couldn't help but let out a gentle chuckle. "You are so adorable, you know that?". With that, he stepped closer to her before wrapping his arms around her.