💧Childe/Tartaglia💧

This was requested by caliginousMortician from Wattpad.

        Not once, has (Y/n) ever smiled. Why? Because she was very self conscious about her smile. She used to be praised for her smiles, Havria said her smile could brighten all of Teyvat, while Guizhong said her smile always brought peace to those around her. But after the Archon War, she no longer smiled. Her smile was no longer the genuine smile she had before, it felt like her smile was no longer something that could bring peace or brighten a room. The few times she tried, it looked horrible. And now, her lips have not once curved up in years.

        "(Y/n), how are you feeling?" Zhongli asked as he sat next to his friend. The two were enjoying some osmanthus wine, something the two haven't drank in a very long time.

        "I'm alright," (Y/n) said, her face neutral as ever. "Just thinking about Havria and Guizhong."

        "Are you still self conscious about your smile?" Zhongli asked, remembering the compliments (Y/n) used to get from her two closest friends. Even Osial used to compliment her on her smile, saying it was the most beautiful thing thing he's seen. The flirting would make Zhongli separate the two, since no one is allowed to flirt with his little sister.

        (Y/n) only nodded. Why wouldn't she? Her smile looks weird now since it is no longer genuine.

        Zhongli said nothing, and sipped the wine silently. He would not push his friend to smile if she didn't want to. "I was thinking of going into the Harbor to listen to some stories, would you care to join me?"

        "Sure." (Y/n) said, sipping her wine as well.

        (Y/n) sat across from her friend, listening to the stories of Bia and Morax and the different establishments made by both of them when they were younger. (Y/n) remembers this story like the back of her hand, mostly because it's one of her favorite memories.

        "Well well well, who do you have here Mr. Zhongli?" A red head came over with a smile on his face, making the two immortals look over at him.

        "Childe," Zhongi greeted. "This is my old friend, (Y/n)."

        "Oh?" Childe asked. "Old friend? Is she an Archon as well?"

        "Why does he know what we are?" (Y/n) asked with her face as neutral as always and her voice as monotone as it could get. There was a hint of annoyance in her voice though.

        "I had given my vision to the Cryo Archon after signing a contract with her," Zhongli explained. "So Childe here knows our secret."

        "When no one is around, I'm slapping you," (Y/n) said. "Hello, Childe, is it?"

        "The one and only, cutie," Childe smiled as he sat in one of the seats. "So, how long have you known Mr. Zhongli?"

        "Longer than you're blood line, and it's long," The Archon rolled her eyes. "Are you done with your questions?"

        "Not even close." Childe smiled.

        "I'm going to drown him."

        "Wait!"

        "So how come you never smile?" Childe asked as he looked over the girls shoulder as she read a book.

        "Why would I need to smile?" (Y/n) asked, not looking at the man. After spending a week with the Harbinger not leaving (Y/n) alone, she's decided to just accept him bugging her, even though she's stuck true to her word when it came to threatening him by drowning, burning, or being crushed by a rock, with him somehow staying alive.

        "Because smiling is a good thing, and it's healthy for you to smile," Childe smiled as he rested his head on (Y/n)'s shoulder, causing her to shove his face away. "Don't be so mean."

        "I will be as mean as I want to." (Y/n) said, still not looking at him and continued to read.

        "Have you always been like this?"

        "Have you always been this annoying?"

        "I have been told I can be annoying."

        "I swear if you do not leave me alone, I am going to throw you into the ocean and drown you, bring you back, then drown you again." (Y/n) turned around from her seat and glared at the human. "Now leave me alone."

        "Jeez, you really need to smile more." Childe rolled his eyes.

        "You tell me to smile, or ask why I don't smile, I will kill you," (Y/n) growled as she snapped her book closed and got out of her seat. "Now leave me alone, I don't want to see your ugly face for the rest of the day."

        Childe watched as the Archon walked away. He's met people who don't smile from happiness, his colleagues are prime examples, but he's never met someone who actually hasn't smiled for any reason. Not from loosing their mind, winning a fight, happiness, love, nothing. This girl just doesn't smile.

        "Asked about her smile again?" Zhongli asked, who watched the entire thing not 10 feet away.

        "She never smiles," Childe stood up and brushed whatever dirt he might have on his clothes. "Everyone smiles from different emotions, but she never smiles."

        "She's self conscious about her smile." Zhongli said, book in hand as he was reading some stories about when (Y/n) had defeated many great gods.

        "Why would she?" Childe asked. "I bet she has a cute smile."

        "That is information I am not allowed to tell you," Zhongli shook his head. "If you want the answer, you would have to talk to her yourself. Now then, have a good day, Childe."

        The Harbinger watched as the retired Archon walked away, most likely to go spend money that he doesn't have. Childe started to think of ways that could make (Y/n) smile.

        Nothing he tried, had worked.

        At the Wangshu Inn, Childe had tried to make (Y/n) smile by making her delicious food. Really good food usually makes people smile, but (Y/n)'s stone cold face remained, making the Harbinger go to plan B.

        He thought a nice walk in Dragonspine would possibly make (Y/n) happy with the beautiful scenery, and also started a snowball fight. That didn't work. All that happened was a rapid fire amount of snowballs flying towards Childe and buried him in a bunch of snow. That didn't make (Y/n) smile either, even though the hydro user found this funny.

        He tried comedy, gifts, cute animals, physical comedy, he did everything he thought he could to make a person smile, but (Y/n) didn't smile one bit.

        "You tried, you failed, maybe she just doesn't want to smile just yet," Zhongli said to the face down Harbinger as he sipped his tea. "Some people just need time to smile."

        "Anything I've tried to do ends up with her not smile or look like she's going to kill me," Childe mumbled. "And as much as I love a good fight, that's not the result I want from her."

        "Don't try and make her smile," Zhongli said, sipping more of his tea. "She will smile when she wants to smile."

        "Besides, trying to make me smile, it doesn't work," (Y/n) sat down next to her old friend. "I will smile, when I want to smile. So give it a rest."

        "How can I make you smile!?" Childe whined.

        "You can stop complaining is one thing."

        "Mean!"

        "Both of you shut up."