Blackmail Always Keeps You Safe

Start from the beginning

He'd forgive Elliot, I know he would. It's who Noah is, as soon as he finds out why Elliot left he would let it go. 

Why can't I? 

"Right, Elle?" I hear Elliot say and I am pulled out of my thoughts, a bit of anger runs through me at the sound of him using that nickname. 

"Don't call me that," I say a bit of an edge to my voice. "I wasn't listening Stone." 

"Keep calling me Stone," he says and I turn to glare at him "and I will keep calling you Elle". 

God, he's infuriating. 

Mhm, but he won't win this argument. 

"He calls me that," I say, my eyes not leaving him, and I notice the moment he feels regret. He knows I'm referring to Noah.

I love hearing Noah call me Elle. Always loved the way he said it with such kindness and love. 

I love you, Elle.

Elle.

It was one of the last things he said to me before I let him walk out of the house. Before the entire fucking world started falling apart. 

"I didn't mean to," Elliot says stumbling on his words and I shrug trying my best to seem unaffected. 

"Just don't call me that," I say my voice quiet, almost a whisper. 

"She's here," Macy says and I'm happy about the change of topic. Happy to not have Elliot pry further, and push me to talk about my feelings. 

"A nurse gave me access to a backroom," Elliot says as he stands up and I follow suit as I get to my feet. "We can meet there it'll be private." 

"And why did she give you access?" Macy asks, a playful smile on her face and I try my best not to roll my eyes. 

You see a bit invested in their relationship, don't you think? Noah would ask and I mentally roll my eyes. 

I'm not invested, I'm just watching. 

Whatever. 

"I'm charming, what can I say?" Elliot shrugs, a playful smile on his face. 

Mhm, he does have the ability to charm the hell out of anyone. 

*** 

"And how do we know she's trustworthy?" I ask as we wait in what looks like a hospital storage facility. There are two benches directly across from each other, the only places that aren't covered with boxes and hospital blankets. 

"We don't," Macy says. "Honestly she doesn't strike me as a good person, but she says she has documents that prove her story."

"Documents can be forged," I roll my eyes, suddenly annoyed at the possibility of this all being a complete waste of time. 

"I have someone who can verify them," Elliot says and I nod. "We will make sure this is absolutely true before we move forward Abrelle." 

"Okay," I say and I look down at my hands as I remind myself to breathe. 

You're doing amazing babe, Noah would smile.

Babe. I don't even know if he'll call me that once he wakes up. 

God, ever since the doctors told me he could wake up any minute, he's been invading my mind more and more. 

Someone knocks three times on the door and we all look up at each other. 

She's here. 

Elliot quickly stands up and goes to open the door. I start to feel myself begin to get nervous.