Chapter 18

It had been about 2 weeks since the bar and I had only seen Adam once but there was nothing there so we just decided to stay good friends and went our separate ways. I was standing in front of the pregnancy tests at the local drugstore looking at which one would be better to get. I finally just grabbed 2 of the boxes and turned to leave. As I turned I almost ran in to someone.

"Hey." I said seeing Scott standing there. We awkwardly hugged.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you here?" Scott said and I looked at him oddly.

"At the drugstore?" I questioned and he huffed a laugh.

"Oh yeah, I guess." Scott said.

"Scott, things shouldn't be weird between us. Your brother and I broke up but that doesn't mean we still cant be friends." I said and Scott nodded.

"I would like that." Scott said.

"Why don't you call me in a few weeks and we get together and do dinner. Me, you and Steve." I said and Scott nodded.

"Sounds awesome." Scott said.

"Well I better go, I will talk to you later." I said and walked away quickly. I knew he had noticed what I was looking at and holding. I groaned as I checked out.

*****SCOTT POV*****

I left the drug store in a daze and went directly to Chris's house. I couldn't believe what I saw Belle holding and I had to know if she had even called Chris and told him. As I sat in his driveway I had to think about what I was doing. Even if Belle wanted to do this alone Chris still had the right to know he was going to have a kid out there. I sighed and walked into his house to find him on the couch with Dodger watching tv.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you to come over today." Chris said and then he looked at me and saw I was as white as a ghost.

"Scott, what's wrong?" Chris asked turning the tv off.

"If I knew something important but didn't know full context of the story would you still want to know?" I asked and Chris groaned.
"Scott I don't want to deal with riddles." Chris said annoyed.

"Chris just tell me." I said and Chris sighed.

"I guess I would." Chris said and I took a deep breath.

"I just ran into Belle at the drugstore." I said and Chris looked at him and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, is she not allowed to be there? I mean she lives close to here so it's probably the closest one for her." Chris said matter of factly. In all reality he had been avoiding that drugstore knowing Belle probably shopped there.

"Chris it wasn't about her being there, it was about what I saw her buying." I said and Chris looked at me confused.

"Which was?" Chris asked fearing the worst that it was something for Belle and Adam.

"Chris, she bought 2 pregnancy tests." I said and Chris felt his stomach drop.

"What?" Chris asked in shock.

"Yeah I saw her in the store so I went to say hi and when I approached the aisle she was grabbed 2 different brands and went to leave until she ran into me." I explained. Chris got up and started pacing.

"When was the last time you guys were together?" I asked Chris and he started thinking.

"Last time I was down there probably like 2 and a half months ago." Chris said and I groaned.

"Do you think you need to talk to her?" I asked and Chris sighed.
"Scott, can you leave please? I need to think." Chris said and I nodded. I didn't know what else to do so I patted my brother on his shoulder and then I walked out of his house. I didn't know what his plan was now but I knew he needed to talk to Belle.