Seeing the little girl’s adorably furrowed brows gently stopped Elsa from chuckling, “Shh, no no Claire-bear, Mama was just joking. You can have one. Not right now, sweetie—maybe when you’re older. But that’s still a very long time,” She nuzzled Claire’s face, “Just be with mama for now, baby. Okay?”

“Okay,” Claire smiled.

“Good girl,” Elsa pecked her forehead, “Run along and play for a while, Claire-bear. Your Papa and I need to talk.”

Claire nodded meekly, toddling off. The child knew every crevice of the mansion like the back of her palm, so Elsa was assured enough to let her go to her room by her own.

Elsa exhales softly, not looking at Aiden directly yet. She liked how he would take his sweet time to properly greet her once they’re alone. Aiden’s arm snaked around her body to cup her waist, allowing her to bask in the fact that this man once didn’t believe that he deserved her, but he does, and she helped him realized that.

She decided to torture him a bit more, as she remained faced over his opposite direction, wanting to know what he was going to do about it.

She didn’t expect him to make her heart melt, however. While Elsa just realized this was a new gesture of his, his hand made its way down to hers, guiding her fingers to intertwine with his own. That’s when he used that opportunity to pull her between his arms, his other hand occupied with caressing the smooth skin of her cheek. She could just fall asleep to the sensation he brought her, and wherever else could she find this?

Him?

“Oh, darling,” He breathed deeply, brushing a chaste kiss against her hair, “I’m so sorry I left this morning without a note. I had to quickly get Cyra to the vet, since I remembered I made an appointment a week ago.”

“Love, it’s alright–”

“No it isn’t,” Aiden frowned, sighing. “I walked out on you after the engagement party fiasco and now I did it again without saying any word. I promise you, darl, this is the last time that’s happening.”

“Aw, Aiden,” Elsa kissed his nose. “It’s okay, I’m telling you. But you leave for urgent purposes, so there’s absolutely nothing to apologize for. I missed you, though,” She admitted, before dropping her voice into a low and flirtatious whisper, “And we missed some morning delight today.”

“We did, didn’t we?” Aiden huskily agrees, “Think you are up for an evening one?”

“J'aimerais une routine du soir, plus que tout,” Elsa smirks, “Tu peux m'emmener jusqu'à ce que je ne puisse plus marcher pendant des semaines.”

“Woah there, sis, y’all aren’t the only ones who can speak French here,” An equally smug redhead piped in, the intruding sound of her heels breaking the couple apart, “You have to learn some more Norwegian, Aiden. Gosh, you gotta hear what she says about you all the ti–”

“ANNA!”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

There are many things you can find in a facade.

Like hazy fairy lights.

Conversations.

People.

And the absence of faux pas. But beyond all that framework, they’re the genuinely smiling foreground. The playing string music was too fuzzy for them to hear, as William fervently looked on Lou—all Alicia’s in the world forgotten—who played with the spinning chair’s buttons to create a silly little world of their own; where he could actually twirl her around, where this wasn’t one of those rare times where the muscles of his face were pulling the corner of his lips upwards, and where he was happy.