That's not a brag, nor am I trying to boost my ego, Adrian and I have been a staple of this city since we were younger, so for the past four years, everyone's come to know her, and me, but mostly her. The same year Adrian won her gold, I won silver. She was fourteen, and I was fifteen. But of course, her being younger, and also being a female just deemed to be more impressive and overshadowed my accomplishment. Although, that's not to say that people don't know me on the mountain, it's just when you think of Park City, you instantly think of the Casey's.

The other boys came to be known because this was their first year at the X Games, but this wasn't their first big competition either. The four of us, well five actually because Adrian competes in the boys division here at home since there aren't enough girls her age to have a girls division, and she doesn't want to compete with younger girls who are around twelve years and under. That's beside the point though, The five of us have always been the "big competitors" when it comes to competitions at home.

The Park City Open, for example, is a big one, that we usually trade off taking first through fifth. Adrian and I always fight for first and second, some years she beats me by less than a point, other years I beat her. And if anyone is taking notes, I happened to take home the win last year.

"This Saturday, we're going to get everyone's parents together, and we're going to get the contracts, make some negotiations, whatever it is we need to do, that's when we will do it. We'll take some pictures, you guys will get some merch, and that's that."

"Yes!" Michael yelled out while pumping both of his fists in the air, "free stuff!"

"Where are we doing all of this?" Adrian asked, wanting more details.

"Our house, I'll make sure to email all of your parents, we'll have a nice big dinner with everyone's families, it'll be a whole thing." Scott continued. I saw Adrian sink a little figuring that she didn't particularly want four boys hanging out at her house all night. And I wasn't too happy about having to put on a facade of being nice and friendly for a whole night, but I would have to push past that. I won't lie, I was curious to see what the Casey household looked like, and to see where this girl grew up.

"That sounds like fun," Calum said, looking over to Adrian, and then over to the rest of the group, and finally to me giving me a nod, essentially telling me to be nice.

"After that in a couple weeks they're gonna send some people up here because they wanna do some promo photo shoots for social media, magazines, and news articles, y'know all that stuff." Scott continued adding on even more cool stuff we get to do.

"That sounds–" Adrian went on to speak before getting cut off.

"Awesome" I said, surprising myself and finishing her sentence. Everyone's eyes were on me, and I wasn't sure what to do. Her and I locked eyes and she was staring into my soul, wondering what was going on today. I cleared my throat and began talking again. "It sounds awesome, I don't think any of us can wait."

We finished up lunch and Scott mentioned something about having to take Adrian to the slopestyle course on the opposite side of the mountain for private training lessons for the remainder of the day. We all said our goodbyes and thank you's while Scott said he was looking forward to seeing us on Saturday. Adrian said goodbye to all of us and gave us a wave of her hand before we all parted ways.

The boys and I all trained together, and wednesday was our free day, typically for strength and conditioning that was meant for us to be running or aqua jogging or swimming, but we always took our wednesdays as a day to freestyle on the slopes and just get some runs in before we had to be serious about the other days training.

We spent the rest of the day hitting up the terrain park and trying out some simple but fun tricks, impressing the tourists who didn't know who we were. Goofing off and wiping out here and there, we just liked to have a good time.

When we decided to call it a day it was already six in the evening, and I figured I should probably get home to deliver the news to my family. So we all headed out to the parking lot, stripped off our boots and now damp sweatshirts and hoodies, and pulled on some dry warm clothes befores getting in our cars and driving in our respective ways.

I raced home because I couldn't wait to tell my parents everything, luckily I lived ten minutes away so I wouldn't have to wait long. I parked my car in the garage, and grabbed all of my stuff from the trunk before placing it on the rack my dad had built, and rushed inside throwing my keys down onto the table that was next to the front door, and striding into the kitchen where my family was in the middle of making dinner.

"Where are you going in such a rush?" My mom asked, pausing in the midst of her dumping a package of spaghetti into a pot of boiling water.

"Mom. Dad. Family" I said turning to everyone in the kitchen. "I have an important announcement to make"

"Is it good news? Or Bad news?" My dad asked, while adjusting the glasses on his face.

"Is it ba— Is it bad news? Dad of course it's not bad news! It's amazing news!" I yelled, throwing my hands up in the air.

"So are you gonna tell us or what Luke?" my thirteen year old sister Aubrey asked with a sassy tone, placing a hand on her hip.

"Yes, oh my God okay. So we were out riding today, 'cause fresh pow y'know. And we called it for lunch because we got hungry and then Scott, you know Scott" I continued with my story summarizing the whole day.

"Yes, of course we know Scott. So what did he want?" My mom asked.

"Well he called us over and he told us that Adrian got a Red Bull sponsorship. A Red Bull sponsorship" I emphasized making sure they knew exactly what I was saying.

"Okay" my sister said, dragging out the 'y,' "So why are you screaming about her getting a sponsorship, I thought you hated her?"

"Aubrey, don't say that. Hate is a strong word, he doesn't hate the girl." My mom interjected.

"That's not the point! So Scott told us that not only did she get the sponsorship but they want us for the sponsorship too. Me, Calum, Ashton, and Michael. The whole group!" I yelled again pumping my fists in the air.

"Oh my God, son, that's amazing!" My dad said pulling me into a hug, while my mom clapped her hands and jumped up and down for me engulfing me into a hug after my dad pulled away.

"Oh and, we're all supposed to have dinner at the Casey's on Saturday because we have to like sign contracts and everything and take pictures or whatever. So just a heads up" I said before my mom pulled me into another hug.

"Sounds like a plan! Now go shower you smell disgusting" she said ushering me upstairs to shower before coming back down for dinner. Overall it was a pretty good day, I couldn't help but smile to myself as I walked upstairs.

And so the plot begins to thicken...