Dress Shopping

The sound of music flutters in the open air, and I soon hear multiple people chatting away around us. Dante's hooves clack on hard stone, the scent of freshly baked bread making my eyes snap open.

"Sorry." I immediately apologize to Jungkook, it being the second time I've used him as a pillow. "How long was I asleep?"

"Its fine." His head does like mine, turning to look at the surroundings. "About an hour."

We must be in the Sun Kingdom, various banners hanging up with golden suns etched in them.

Merchants sell weapons and shields, a bakery has its windows open allowing the scent to drift through the air, and multiple story homes line the cobblestone roads, making it the most advanced kingdom I've seen yet.

The homes are all either made from wood or stone, large brown beams outlining the edges and corners, helping to provide support. Most of the first floors have been converted into shops, each one selling different items. The second floors each have colorful window shutters that are open wide.

Plants hang from some of the windows, vines draping down to almost the first floor. Each home also has a different colored roof. Some are orange, some are blue, there are even some pink ones. In fact, the only thing that stays the same at each house is a gold and yellow flag with a decorative sun on it.

The one thing I notice about this kingdom is how bright and colorful it is. Business is booming everywhere, and I can see why Jungkook mentioned that him and the prince don't get along. Their kingdoms are nothing alike.

"Okay, so we need a pure ray of sunlight, right?" He speaks up, knocking me out of my observation. "Well, Prince Sunshine is the only way we can get that. I bet he has it in his castle on display."

"Right." I nod, brain beginning to conjure ideas.

"So, since me and him aren't on the best terms right now, we need to find a way to sneak into the castle." He informs, shoulders lightly moving as Dante walks. "Any ideas?"

"Uh..."

We pass by a group of girls, all of them dressed in beautiful day dresses. They each have a fan, and they're giggling amongst each other as we begin to pass by, trying to hide their excitement in their voice.

"Should I do my hair up?" One of them asks, followed by more giggling. "Only if you want the prince to laugh at you! Everyone knows he loves hair that is long and shiny!"

"Oh, I just can't wait for tonight!" "May, which dress should I pick? I want the prince to swoon when he sees me tonight!"

"Be lucky you'll have a mask on, or he won't be swooning at all!" More fits of giggles burst out, and my curiosity is piqued.

"Hold on a second." I whisper to Jungkook, having him stop Dante for a moment.

"Can I ask you a question?" I stick my arm out, waving at the girls. They stop, looking up at me with questioning eyes. "Is there an event going on tonight? Did I overhear you say that you needed a dress?"

"Oh my gosh." The one in the yellow dress's mouth gapes open. "You don't know what's happening? It's the biggest event of the year!"

"She doesn't know?" The one in pink whispers from behind her fan.

"How could she not know?" The one in blue looks dumbfounded, and I'm beginning to think that asking them was a mistake.

"It's Prince Hoseok's annual masquerade ball!" The one in purple squeals, latching onto her friend's arm. "It's the one night of the year that you can get a chance to dance with the prince!"