𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

     "Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden tried.

     "Or is an unsolved case." Added Isaac.

     "Hold on." Lydia turned back to look at them. "Is he still out there?" They didn't answer. "You don't know where he is?"

     "He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott told her.

     "We came here to get a better scent." Isaac told her.

     "What else did he say?" Lydia asked, eyes wide.

     "Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding."

     "And he's freezing," Gwen mumbled.

     "Tonight's the coldest night of the year." Aiden said in disbelief. "It's going to drop into the 20s."

     "What did his dad say?" Lydia looked at Scott.

     "We kind of. . . we didn't tell him yet."

     "Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" Lydia sounded angry and scared.

     Scott looked away from her. "He made me promise not to. We can find him by scent. And if Isaac and I don't get anything, Gwen's sense of smell is even stronger than ours. If he were sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right?"

     "You guys didn't notice his jeep his gone, did you?"

     Gwen sighed. "Damn."

     Lydia looked down at her phone. "You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't."

     "Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison―︎"

     "Everyone except for the cops. Great idea!" She scoffed.

     "You guys remember she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?"

     "Thank you so much for reminding me!" Gwen sarcastically smiled as she looked at Aiden. "Now I'll worry even more than I already was."

     "You don't have to call his dad." Scott assured her. "It's five minutes to the station." The group went to walk out, only to stop when Lydia stopped Aiden from going.

     "We'll catch up."

     "What? Why?"

     "There's something here." Lydia told them.

     "Yeah." Isaac nodded in agreement. "Evidence of total insanity."

     "Isaac." Gwen sighed before pushing him out of the door.

     "We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death."

     "Go." Lydia nodded towards Scott. "We'll be right behind you."

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

They went to Noah, explaining everything to him. Gwen watched with a small frown on her face as Noah took in all the information. It took him a moment to process it, but once he understood what was happening, once he understood the consequences of this, he started to panic, fear taking over his face. He was trying to pull himself together, she could tell that. He was trying to be strong for his son, but she couldn't imagine what it was like to have that fear of knowing your kid was out there possibly dying.

     Taking a deep intake of breath, he stood up straight and turned to look at the three. "If his jeep is gone, that's where we start." He turned to his deputy. "Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep." He turned to another. "Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far. So if he's out there barefoot in just a t-shirt he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast. The three of you, come with me."